Open Job: Covington Catholic

This is from Fox 19 in Cincinnati.

Scott Ruthsatz is stepping down after 13 seasons as the head basketball coach at Covington Catholic to pursue other interests.

2 state championships
4 state semifinals appearances
6 regional titles
10 district titles

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, FlyPattern said:

This is from Fox 19 in Cincinnati.

Scott Ruthsatz is stepping down after 13 seasons as the head basketball coach at Covington Catholic to pursue other interests.

2 state championships
4 state semifinals appearances
6 regional titles
10 district titles

Sad day for basketball lovers in the NKY area. He immediately elevated CCH, which in turn immediately elevated the surrounding basketball. 2 of the very few state championships up here and team was ready to compete for one every single year. In my young life they were the team to beat up here and the standard. A joy to watch the talent and coaching transpire over the years, and excited to see what happens next. Biggest job in the area and one of the biggest in the state.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

National Search or do they go after Sully if He is truly unhappy out at Cooper?  Any other local names fit this job?

Eric Goetz? He’s had success at a Catholic school in the area. 

• Like 1

Everyone, we have already had several violations in this thread and those of you violating know exactly what I am talking about.  If anyone else violates in this thread, consider it your last post on BGP.

19 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Eric Goetz? He’s had success at a catholic school in the area. 

This job is bigger than Goetz. Sorry to say, also getting info that the Diocese was heavily involved. Would be interested to hear if anybody else is hearing this. Or why they would do it. Running off your best coach ever probably needs to be justified. 

5 minutes ago, GoBucks97 said:

This job is bigger than Goetz. Sorry to say, also getting info that the Diocese was heavily involved. Would be interested to hear if anybody else is hearing this. Or why they would do it. Running off your best coach ever probably needs to be justified. 

This was known. 

2 minutes ago, TheConch said:

This was known. 

Didn't think it was locked in. We have heard rumors dating all the way to last years regionals but could never get confirmation. And I have heard more so issues with parents amid playing time and culture. Never heard the diocese was getting involved.

And this all just confirms to me as a young person I wouldn't get anywhere near coaching. To many opinions from the people that don't matter. These guys coached hard, were all about winning, and all about the players. Worked for several years and now all of a sudden things like toxicity and culture are being mentioned. Something is quite fishy to me! If you can't do it at CCH, why bother even messing with coaching right now. You can't even coach anymore.

• Like 1

IMHO this has little to nothing to do with parent PT complaints, if the Diocese is involved. I’ll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, TheConch said:

National search for sure. Call me crazy, but what is John Brannen doing these days? 

Sully.

Matt Otte. 

Fleming. 

Brannen is recruiting director for Anthony Grant at UD. Fleming? 

Edited by GoBucks97