Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

EXACTLY!!!

 

And to that point, if we do a trial run in 2020 Mr./Ms. Roboto will get here several years sooner than projected.

 

You will never live to see such a thing. Certainly not as a “norm.”

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

EXACTLY!!!

 

And to that point, if we do a trial run in 2020 Mr./Ms. Roboto will get here several years sooner than projected.

 

You will never live to see such a thing. Certainly not as a “norm.”

You will never live to see such a thing. Certainly not as a “norm.”

 

You will never live to see such a thing. Certainly not as a “norm.”

 

I hope you are right Deuce and you can say that again. :)

 

Seriously, each time I watch a show on Artificial Intelligence I hear the same thing, "Ten years ago we never thought we would be where we are today, we thought it would take 50 years."

In an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus, Ohio State is suspending all in-person classes through at least March 30, instead moving to virtual instruction, according to an email sent to students.

I was talking to a friend of mine today who is from Harrison Co. He told me the rumor over there was the original person with the virus worked at the Wal Mart in the deli. If that`s the case, I would think that their numbers could rise.

We were just looking on line at cruise prices right now.

 

A 14 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to London England, in a balcony suite, is $1,700 per couple. Regularly $17,000.

I was talking to a friend of mine today who is from Harrison co. He told me the rumor over there was the original person with the virus worked at the Wal Mart in the deli. If that`s the case, I would think that their numbers could rise.

 

On KSR they are saying the women worked at Walmart, but in the bakery.

In an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus, Ohio State is suspending all in-person classes through at least March 30, instead moving to virtual instruction, according to an email sent to students.

 

Vanderbilt cancelled classes for the week.

 

Guess a lot of kids coming back from Spring Break is causing some universities to be extra precautionary.

I was supposed to accompany my husband on a business trip last week to Paris and we were going to add on a few personal days. His boss canceled the trip at the last minute.

 

That really wasn’t a big deal, and personally we aren’t worried about the CV.

 

Only thing we are worried about is the stock market and how it relates to our retirement plans this year. In 08, we had plenty of time to recoup. Not so much now.

 

I can’t help but think how much media hysteria is driving this.

I was supposed to accompany my husband on a business trip last week to Paris and we were going to add on a few personal days. His boss canceled the trip at the last minute.

 

That really wasn’t a big deal, and personally we aren’t worried about the CV.

 

Only thing we are worried about is the stock market and how it relates to our retirement plans this year. In 08, we had plenty of time to recoup. Not so much now.

I can’t help but think how much media hysteria is driving this.

 

Can’t say for sure if it was the right move, but in ‘08 I switched to a fixed rate to stop the bleeding. I haven’t crunched the numbers, and doing so would be rather difficult, but I can say that I’ve slept a whole lot better instead of staying on the roller coaster ride.

 

Since then I’ve seen a gain, however small, on every quarterly statement. Sure it’s nice to see huge gains, but to see big drops makes one want to bang their head against a brick wall.

 

I took bigger chances for over 20 years, but after the damage of ‘08 I was done with rolling the dice. With all of the ups and downs, I very possibly could be where I would’ve been anyhow, hard to say.

I was supposed to accompany my husband on a business trip last week to Paris and we were going to add on a few personal days. His boss canceled the trip at the last minute.

 

That really wasn’t a big deal, and personally we aren’t worried about the CV.

 

Only thing we are worried about is the stock market and how it relates to our retirement plans this year. In 08, we had plenty of time to recoup. Not so much now.

 

I can’t help but think how much media hysteria is driving this.

 

Are you able to wait till later in the year or early 2021?

On KSR they are saying the women worked at Walmart, but in the bakery.

 

That's right, but the deli & bakery are right there together. She's in her 20's and is expected to recover.

 

Our church is in Harrison County, although we're a tad closer to Falmouth than we are Cynthiana. Our attendance Sunday was down 40%. Some churches canceled services altogether. Most of our absences were older folks from Harrison County.

Are you able to wait till later in the year or early 2021?

 

I can, but husband who makes more money than I do has had this all planned out in an agreement with his company. They have already picked his successor so that there will be a smooth transition. Hopefully, this will be short lived, but who knows? When we were younger, this sort of thing didn’t mean much because we had so many years till retirement, and we could wait out the storm.

 

The mister might just be greeting people at Wal Mart!

Can’t say for sure if it was the right move, but in ‘08 I switched to a fixed rate to stop the bleeding. I haven’t crunched the numbers, and doing so would be rather difficult, but I can say that I’ve slept a whole lot better instead of staying on the roller coaster ride.

 

Since then I’ve seen a gain, however small, on every quarterly statement. Sure it’s nice to see huge gains, but to see big drops makes one want to bang their head against a brick wall.

 

I took bigger chances for over 20 years, but after the damage of ‘08 I was done with rolling the dice. With all of the ups and downs, I very possibly could be where I would’ve been anyhow, hard to say.

 

If the peace of mind was worth it for you, that was the right move. From a numbers point of view, your retirement account value is probably 50% plus less than the value it would be if you stayed in the market. In 2009 alone the S&P was up about 29%. It probably took you 7 or 8 years to make 29% in fixed rate accounts.

 

My point is selling now guarantees a loss. It is the trap far too many people fall into. If nothing else, stay put for another year and you will make more from this point than the less than 1% you will make in fixed accounts over the next year. Then sell in a year and get more conservative if the roller coaster is more than you can tolerate.

I can, but husband who makes more money than I do has had this all planned out in an agreement with his company. They have already picked his successor so that there will be a smooth transition. Hopefully, this will be short lived, but who knows? When we were younger, this sort of thing didn’t mean much because we had so many years till retirement, and we could wait out the storm.

 

The mister might just be greeting people at Wal Mart!

 

50% of Americans have a 401k, this is tough part of it that a lot of people overlook. Hang in there, stocks are extremely oversold.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.