Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwoodfan

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beechwoodfan

  1. So happy for the Lady Tigers at Beechwood! This has to be the best team Beechwood has ever had. Continued good luck to Matt Long and the Tigers.
  2. I grew up in the 70's when large families were commonplace. There were 8 children in our family. My mother, like most moms, ran a tight ship. I can't think of a single time that my friends or I ever were disrespectful to commercial businesses or anywhere in public. Were we perfect? No! But all it took was someone's mom seeing you misbehave and the hammer came down. Now families with one or two kids seem incapable of teaching their children basic manners. Can't tell you how many times I have been in a restaurant irritated by children running around disrupting other diners. Current parents think this is "kids will be kids' behavior, but that would never fly back in the day. You have to teach your kids at a young age how to behave, so they are not tearing up restaurants as teenagers And yes.....I realize how old I sound, lol.
  3. I obviously wished for this outcome, but didn't expect it. Colonels, we were due for a win. It's been awhile. You do know that except for tonight, we root for you. Let's hope we both bring home a state title!
  4. Watching from out of town. Cov Cath's coverage is awesome.
  5. Any chance the game will be live streamed?
  6. One of my favorite family photos. This is my nephew, Adam Robb, who kicked the winning field goal against CCH in overtime in 1998.
  7. Is the game live-streamed? We are out of town.
  8. I grew up with cats and love them. I have a friend who isn't in the best financial situation and lives in a more country area close by. Apparently, people dump cats there quite often. She has called the SPCA, who apparently trap the cats, spay and neuter them, and then return them back to her neighborhood. They can't seem to be able to keep up with the spay and neutering of cats that keep being dumped there, because they keep reproducing . She feeds them as best she can. With winter coming, she is so upset about them freezing or starving to death. Given how our winters are, is this humane?
  9. Wow! I thought this was going to be a close game! What a great night for coach Rash and the Tigers!
  10. Should be a fun night. Looking forward to sitting in the new stands and seeing the new concession stand and bathrooms. That football stadium is amazing!
  11. I love listening to those guys!
  12. I was a year behind him at Beechwood. Mr. BWF graduated with him. He was, and still is, a classy guy.
  13. It will be good to have Noel back. I heard that he and Jay worked together to make a smooth transition. Both men are class acts.
  14. Yeah, but, shouldn’t you start out playing lesser seeded teams? That gives nervous high school kids the opportunity to get in the groove to move up? Again, heard from Cov. fans that the number one and two seeds played today. I truly don’t know if it is true. But for excitement and financial reasons, wouldn’t you want to play the two best teams in the finals?
  15. I will be honest. I do not follow HS BB well, and haven’t followed this thread. Heard locally (from Cov Cath people) that the blind draw totally messed this tournament up. If true, I think it is wrong. These kids work so hard, why isn’t it seeded?
  16. It would be great to see Cov Cath and their sister school, Notre Dame bring a trophy home to NKY!
  17. I am by no means a traffic flow expert, but I do drive that stretch of road quite often. I do not see how this change is going to help.
  18. I am with your wife. I will say that my dad would have loved it!
  19. Sounds like Boeing will be paying out a lot of money.
  20. My sister came in town from Florida over Christmas. Before she went back home, she tried to find the Gliers Grippo Goetta, but it was sold out at the stores she tried. Have to agree that Finkes has the best I have tried so far. Thanks for the recipe!
  21. Does anyone have a good recipe for making Goetta?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.