Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

For those close to retirement, when you retire are you going to cash in your 401k? Or do you want that money to make money for you over the next 15-20 years in retirement? Retirement does not mean all cash. Yes, more conservative but you should still probably be 50/50 stocks to bonds at age 65. But that also depends on your risk tolerance and the peace of mind factor.

Definately not cashing it in, but may move to more conservative stocks.

This is all just dumbfounding to me.

We’ve had viruses before and have we shut down like this?

I've not seen things shut down like this before. Bringing in the National Guard to lockdown neighborhoods or entire cities is a bit concerning though.

We have the KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® starting tomorrow and I wonder what the attendance will be like.

Additionally, if there was some "sickness scare" at the event I wonder how much pressure the KHSAA will be under to either cancel and/or make the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® games next week spectator-less?

We have the KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® starting tomorrow and I wonder what the attendance will be like.

Additionally, if there was some "sickness scare" at the event I wonder how much pressure the KHSAA will be under to either cancel and/or make the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® games next week spectator-less?

The KHSAA will say some version of "you don't have to attend." And I would agree with them.

The KHSAA will say some version of "you don't have to attend." And I would agree with them.

I agree Commissioner Tackett is pretty savvy and it sounds like something he would come up with. For the record, I agree too, I like choices, not being told what to do.

I am concerned about schools closing. Sure, teachers can do all kinds of online stuff to continue to enrich and challenge students. However, not all students have computers at home. And even if they did, do they have the appropriate network set-ups to support online learning?

I think that this should be a high priority item for our public schools right now: Get chromebooks/tablets in the hands of each student, and make sure that each student has the network capability at their place of residence.

It's overkill and causes unnecessary panic.

I agree. I'm not in the crowd that is in a panic mode, in fact I haven't changed anything from my regular day to day lifestyle. News media and social media have caused the panic/hysteria, imo, though I am a little surprised about the quarantine being enforced by the national guard in the NYC area. I know it's just a 1 mile radius for the quarantine but if you know anything about that area you know how close it is to Manhattan. If the island of Manhattan goes into quarantine the financial hit will be huge.