Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

For those close to retirement, when you retire are you going to cash in your 401k? Or do you want that money to make money for you over the next 15-20 years in retirement? Retirement does not mean all cash. Yes, more conservative but you should still probably be 50/50 stocks to bonds at age 65. But that also depends on your risk tolerance and the peace of mind factor.

 

Definately not cashing it in, but may move to more conservative stocks.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

This is all just dumbfounding to me.

 

We’ve had viruses before and have we shut down like this?

Maybe this link has already been posted but it is billed as a site that is supposed to give us everything we need to know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):

 

Coronavirus Disease 2

This is all just dumbfounding to me.

 

We’ve had viruses before and have we shut down like this?

 

I've not seen things shut down like this before. Bringing in the National Guard to lockdown neighborhoods or entire cities is a bit concerning though.

I've not seen things shut down like this before. Bringing in the National Guard to lockdown neighborhoods or entire cities is a bit concerning though.

 

It's overkill and causes unnecessary panic.

I see the State of Ohio is pushing for spectator-less indoor sporting events. They only want essential personal for the event, the athletes, and the parents to attend.

Share the reference will ya?

 

Baseball season was cancelled by administration a few weeks ago.

We have the KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® starting tomorrow and I wonder what the attendance will be like.

 

Additionally, if there was some "sickness scare" at the event I wonder how much pressure the KHSAA will be under to either cancel and/or make the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® games next week spectator-less?

We have the KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® starting tomorrow and I wonder what the attendance will be like.

 

Additionally, if there was some "sickness scare" at the event I wonder how much pressure the KHSAA will be under to either cancel and/or make the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® games next week spectator-less?

 

The KHSAA will say some version of "you don't have to attend." And I would agree with them.

The KHSAA will say some version of "you don't have to attend." And I would agree with them.

 

I agree Commissioner Tackett is pretty savvy and it sounds like something he would come up with. For the record, I agree too, I like choices, not being told what to do.

It's overkill and causes unnecessary panic.

 

Agree.

I am concerned about schools closing. Sure, teachers can do all kinds of online stuff to continue to enrich and challenge students. However, not all students have computers at home. And even if they did, do they have the appropriate network set-ups to support online learning?

 

I think that this should be a high priority item for our public schools right now: Get chromebooks/tablets in the hands of each student, and make sure that each student has the network capability at their place of residence.

It's overkill and causes unnecessary panic.

 

I agree. I'm not in the crowd that is in a panic mode, in fact I haven't changed anything from my regular day to day lifestyle. News media and social media have caused the panic/hysteria, imo, though I am a little surprised about the quarantine being enforced by the national guard in the NYC area. I know it's just a 1 mile radius for the quarantine but if you know anything about that area you know how close it is to Manhattan. If the island of Manhattan goes into quarantine the financial hit will be huge.

With how the media loves to report on each individual case and quarantine, it makes it less likely I would seek medical attention unless things were looking grim. You want your privacy invaded like that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.