Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Danville Christian Academy

Featured Replies

This one comes as a bit of a surprise. They have an above average roster returning, but it is always tough to find quality candidates for the small private schools. Look forward to seeing what level of interest it generates. 

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • theguru
    theguru

    From Facebook: Don Story Hey family and friends, I guess it is time that I speak on the situation at Danville Christian Academy.  Six years ago, I felt like God was leading me to DCA, an

  • Any coach considering it would need to ask the question “Why did they get rid of Coach Story?”  He won 25 games.  Granted, he had a lot of talent with his first 4 players but he had a weak bench.  I q

  • I cannot restate this enough - parents are the worst part of coaching.

Look for someone retired or a young coach.  Somebody will want to coach two 7 footers and a veteran PG.  Their JV team was solid, so still will be in the chase next season. 

I'm hearing they are wanting Austin Sparrow. Current Campbellsville Harrodsburg Head Coach. 

36 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing they are wanting Austin Sparrow. Current Campbellsville Harrodsburg Head Coach. 

Two former DCA players are on his team.  He’s had a good record there At Campbellsville Harrodsburg.  
 

I heard Michael John Johnson’s name mentioned as well.  He’s been coaching their middle school teams. 

  • Author
4 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

Two former DCA players are on his team.  He’s had a good record there At Campbellsville Harrodsburg.  
 

I heard Michael John Johnson’s name mentioned as well.  He’s been coaching their middle school teams. 

I can’t see how that would make sense for Sparrow.  

Do they call Ryan Young? I think maybe he was an assistant there at one point. He’s from the area and still lives close I believe. Feel like it would be something that would definitely intrigue him. 

15 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Do they call Ryan Young? I think maybe he was an assistant there at one point. He’s from the area and still lives close I believe. Feel like it would be something that would definitely intrigue him. 

I don’t recall Ryan ever working there.  I’ve been familiar with the program since 2012.  He’d be a good one, he’s done well at Somerset.  I don’t think DCA could make it work financially though.  They don’t pay their faculty much and don’t offer insurance.  It would be tough for a young man with a family.

19 minutes ago, 24Rocks said:

I don’t recall Ryan ever working there.  I’ve been familiar with the program since 2012.  He’d be a good one, he’s done well at Somerset.  I don’t think DCA could make it work financially though.  They don’t pay their faculty much and don’t offer insurance.  It would be tough for a young man with a family.

I did not know that about their faculty. I figured they could pay whatever they wanted. It will be interesting to see who gets this job. The right coach will have this team in the top tier in the 12th. 

Ryan Young has had one great year in his coaching career, now every opening in the 12th region his name is always brought up. Why is his name so hot? Because he upset DCA in the regional tournament? He's had 2 winning seasons in 7 yrs. Had arguably the best 2 players in the region last 2 years and couldn't win the All A. let's pump out brakes on him for every job opening in the 12th.  

I would call Boyle County assistant Coach Jimmy Clarkston. He's been an assistant for Dennie Webb and Steve Adams at Boyle and was also at West Jessamine with Damon Kelly. All 3 12th region champion coaches. He's young, involved with the youth and the kids love him. He's Right in your backyard! 

8 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

I don’t think DCA could make it work financially though. They don’t pay their faculty much and don’t offer insurance. It would be tough for a young man with a family.

This is why I think it has to either be someone young or someone retired from the education system. It would be really difficult for someone vested in the teacher retirement to go to DCA (or any private school).

6 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I would call Boyle County assistant Coach Jimmy Clarkston. He's been an assistant for Dennie Webb and Steve Adams at Boyle and was also at West Jessamine with Damon Kelly. All 3 12th region champion coaches. He's young, involved with the youth and the kids love him. He's Right in your backyard! 

You would hire this guy over Ryan Young? That about sums it up.

3 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Dennie Webb have a chance at this job? 

I was thinking that too.  I would think there is a connection there with the headmaster being in Boyle Co. schools his whole career. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.