2024 Trinity Shamrocks

theguru

I am going to get our 2024 team threads started with Trinity thanks to a great post by @#RockNation!

On offense, Trinity returns 4 experienced linemen in Saner, Shields, Knoerr and Hernandez, probably the top returning WR in 6A (maybe the state!) in Jeremiah Lynn, QB wunderkind Zane Johnson, 2nd leading rusher JB Berry, and flex players Chris Wilson and Zach Floyd.

Big Josh Bratcher will have a chance to make strides for the O-Line as well and freshmen WR's Jordan Holman, Jason Hagan and Nation McBroom are exciting playmakers who made a splash at the JV levels this year. There are weapons everywhere in wait at the younger levels for Johnson and OC Jake Williams.

Defensively, the Rocks return OLB JC Wilson and DL Bailey Vance who both got better as the year went along. DBs Sonny Bratcher-Gray and Sekou Kamara return to the back half of the field and highly-touted K/P Carson Hilbert returns for his senior season.

LBs AJ Hughes and Evan Allen received a lot of playing time and should contribute next year. DL Juleone Carney rotated in heavily and will be a breakout star for DC Michael Fox I think. DB Will Ford and OLB Finn Laskowski also saw a lot of time and can be major figures in replacing the tremendous linebackers who have graduated. LBs Luke Vize, Sebastian Blue and Matthew Lococo also had their names called a lot and have the size and speed to push anyone in front of them grade-wise.

===================

Also, Trinity ended 2023 as the 6A State Champion.

I think Trinity is going to win 6A again.  What do you think?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

I remember mid-season a lot of angry Rocks fans calling for the head coach's head.  A lot of statements that can't be unsaid. Then he wins the title. Where will the voices be entering 2024?

On the bandwagon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Will have to flip it this year I would guess in that they are losing a lot of guys on defense who played a lot of varsity football so there will be some learning pains on that side I would assume. Offense has a lot of guys returning and will be very good on that side. 

Would assume they’ll be the team to beat entering the ‘24 season. 

As a Cobb critic, I will shut up regarding that issue for the next two seasons. The staff improved with play calling and pace of play throughout the season. They deserve all the kudos they receive. 

3 minutes ago, fatsnbul said:

As a Cobb critic, I will shut up regarding that issue for the next two seasons. The staff improved with play calling and pace of play throughout the season. They deserve all the kudos they receive. 

I do think Coach Cobb and Trinity were a little lucky in 2023.  6A football was weaker than normal and Trinity had a QB step up out of nowhere. 

• Like 2

I don't think people fully understand how hard it is to win football games at this level. We are everyone's Super Bowl and maybe that's the way we like it. Iron sharpens iron, as they say. 

Either way, Rock fans should be pretty excited for this season. There will be a ton of speed and the young guys will get much better. This really reminds me of the 2010 team that won some close games with X, Cincy Elder and Bowling Green, but continued to improve into the playoffs. Talent was everywhere, they just needed the coaching to realize the potential.

This has the makings of becoming one of those legendary teams either in '24 or '25 maybe. I hope the guys are as eager to be refined and molded as those teams were! ☘️ 

• Like 3

On 12/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, theguru said:

...the top returning WR in 6A (maybe the state!) in Jeremiah Lynn,

Boyle Co. begs to differ with the bolded portion of this... 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:45 PM, theguru said:

I do think Coach Cobb and Trinity were a little lucky in 2023.  6A football was weaker than normal and Trinity had a QB step up out of nowhere. 

Every team that has won a state title got lucky somewhere. The fact that Trinity was able to win with a freshman quarterback is an example of the culture that has been built at Trinity. Very few teams are winning the big class title with a freshman at QB, regardless of how "down" the class appears to be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The fact that Trinity was able to win with a freshman quarterback is an example of the culture that has been built at Trinity.

Made a slight change. 😉

The fact that Trinity was able to win with a freshman quarterback is an example of the talent that Trinity is able to attract.

This FR Class for the Rocks appears to be the next great wave. I have heard that there is a whole lot more than just the QB coming. 

53 minutes ago, VF111 said:

Made a slight change. 😉

The fact that Trinity was able to win with a freshman quarterback is an example of the talent that Trinity is able to attract.

This FR Class for the Rocks appears to be the next great wave. I have heard that there is a whole lot more than just the QB coming. 

Word it however you choose, the idea is the same. Trinity isn't able to attract talent without a winning culture. 

3 hours ago, VF111 said:

Boyle Co. begs to differ with the bolded portion of this... 

No they don't, or they would put us on the schedule...Lynn is in the same space as Quick, Moore, McBroom, Dutton, Radcliff, etc.

Do you mean Quisenberry?

3 hours ago, VF111 said:

Made a slight change. 😉

Attracting talented young men with academics, coaching, tradition and facilities including the classroom is part of the faith-based culture that has been cultivated for 70-plus years at Trinity. Our founding fathers wished for a well-rounded academic and social experience for all young men in their four years and I can say with bias we provide that just as good or better than anyone in the Midwest/Southeast. It also just so happens we have the success in our records in several sports as well.

We have had the largest Male student body among private schools for a few years now and that is not by accident. And not all of them play football, by the way. 

• Like 4

On 1/1/2024 at 6:45 PM, theguru said:

A little luck is always involved in a title run. I think having a freshman qb and winning it all says a lot about your program and the future. I like them to run late into the playoffs again if not win it all. 

Just now, Hard Work said:

A little luck is always involved in a title run. I think having a freshman qb and winning it all says a lot about your program and the future. I like them to run late into the playoffs again if not win it all. 

I like Trinity to win the next three 6A titles and not lose to any KY teams as long as their QB stays healthy. 

• Like 1