2024 Trinity Shamrocks

theguru

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I also am curious about this. Do players from the counties that border Boyle County go to or move into Boyle County?

Absolutely not!

Not one player from a bordering county has EVER gone to Boyle.

*See what I did there?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I also am curious about this. Do players from the counties that border Boyle County go to or move into Boyle County?

Yes they do. For comparison:

Garrard Co - 17k

Mercer Co - 23k

Washington Co - 12k

Marion Co - 20k

Lincoln Co - 24k

Casey Co - 16k

Boyle Co - 31k

So, Boyle Co plus it’s six surrounding counties is 147,000 to pull from; just a smidge shy of Jefferson Co.’s 778,000.

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Also everyone, it is time to get back to the 2024 Rocks in this thread. 

If Trinity loses to a KY team in 2024 I will be shocked. Maybe X or Male has something to say about that but outside of those two, nah. 

1 minute ago, VF111 said:

If Trinity loses to a KY team in 2024 I will be shocked. Maybe X or Male has something to say about that but outside of those two, nah. 

As I said before, if the T QB stays healthy I do not believe Trinity will lose a game to a KY team for the next three years. 

I do think that with Wallace at X and Wolfe at Male, and no Beatty, the door is still cracked open on taking down the Rocks, though I have heard that this upcoming Soph. group is pretty untouchable. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to point out that population is not the full picture in these comparisons.

Boyle County has 4 High Schools: 3 Public and 1 Private
Jefferson County has 64 High Schools:  42 Public, 22 Private (19 Co-ed and 3 All Boys)

(assuming I counted correctly - no I did not go so deep to see if they all have FB teams, I did at least take out the all-girls.)

At the end of the day BC and T had great seasons but they did not play so all of the conversation is bluster, would a could a and excuses - Which is why you play the games.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, VF111 said:

I do think that with Wallace at X and Wolfe at Male, and no Beatty, the door is still cracked open on taking down the Rocks, though I have heard that this upcoming Soph. group is pretty untouchable. 

Am I alone on the island in thinking that T should have pitched an offer to Wolfe when Beatty retired?

On 1/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, theguru said:

Will anyone that played on the Frosh team start in 2024 for Trinity?

The WRs Jason Hagan and Jordan Holman will both get a big look aided by attrition I think. They also had Sebastian Blue, Matthew Lococo and Cortney Jones Jr. that could see time as early as next year. I outlined some of this in an earlier post. Spring practice will be very competitive I imagine, but first there is a banquet coming up to celebrate 2023!!! 

• Thanks 2

On 1/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, theguru said:

Will anyone that played on the Frosh team start in 2024 for Trinity?

My guess is 2-3 of them. Just a rough guess

WR - Jason Hagan

LB - Sebastian Blue

TE - Stivers (not sure his first name - he's a beast)

But there's plenty for the coaches to pick from. A lot of talent.

Again, not sure there are many (maybe 2-3) Power 5 kids but a lot of really good high school talent.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, #RockNation said:

The WRs Jason Hagan and Jordan Holman will both get a big look aided by attrition I think. They also had Sebastian Blue, Matthew Lococo and Cortney Jones Jr. that could see time as early as next year. I outlined some of this in an earlier post. Spring practice will be very competitive I imagine, but first there is a banquet coming up to celebrate 2023!!! 

I would have said Holman, but he said off the freshman team and I don't believe Holman or Lococo every played on the freshman team.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:47 PM, RolandGS said:

Am I alone on the island in thinking that T should have pitched an offer to Wolfe when Beatty retired?

On 1/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, #RockNation said:

Yes, small island.

Actual, unretouched image of "Roland's Rock."

istockphoto-514373086-612x612.jpg

• Haha 3

Trinity has not missed very often when it comes to choosing head coaches for any sport really, especially lately. When you have 1300-ish males who are astutely aware of the culture, it both creates a lot of pressure to succeed but also allows for that chance at greatness. I think that is why the jobs when offered are so desirable. Mike Szabo has come from the Northeast and been outstanding as the hoops coach. He's won 2 titles, put 3 of our guys in the NBA and his summer camps are legendary for the amount of kids that come to experience Trinity. Baseball's Rick Arnold came back to his alma mater to finish a job that Steve Tompkins and many before him started and won a title in '21, got Daylen Lile on the fast track to the MLB and countless others drafted or to D-1 programs. The other KHSAA programs have all seen similar success lately and for the first time I can remember (if ever), more young men have chosen Trinity over any of our rivals in Louisville.

If you were a coach, wouldn't you want to come to Trinity and have all that at your fingertips? 

• Like 3