Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Trinity Shamrocks

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I also am curious about this. Do players from the counties that border Boyle County go to or move into Boyle County?

Absolutely not!

Not one player from a bordering county has EVER gone to Boyle.

*See what I did there?

  • Replies 120
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • #RockNation
    #RockNation

    And here's the thing, I'm ok if they don't call. Boyle has a great program and they have endured over the last several decades in their division. They do it the right way and Coaches Haddix and Smith

  • Trinity RB, Clint Sansbury, and receiver/RB, Luke Sasser, have both committed to Centre College.   Coach Frye is getting two good, hard-working young men.

  • On the bandwagon. 

Posted Images

  • Author

Also everyone, it is time to get back to the 2024 Rocks in this thread. 

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I also am curious about this. Do players from the counties that border Boyle County go to or move into Boyle County?

Yes they do. For comparison:

Garrard Co - 17k

Mercer Co - 23k

Washington Co - 12k

Marion Co - 20k

Lincoln Co - 24k

Casey Co - 16k

Boyle Co - 31k

So, Boyle Co plus it’s six surrounding counties is 147,000 to pull from; just a smidge shy of Jefferson Co.’s 778,000.

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Also everyone, it is time to get back to the 2024 Rocks in this thread. 

If Trinity loses to a KY team in 2024 I will be shocked. Maybe X or Male has something to say about that but outside of those two, nah. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, VF111 said:

If Trinity loses to a KY team in 2024 I will be shocked. Maybe X or Male has something to say about that but outside of those two, nah. 

As I said before, if the T QB stays healthy I do not believe Trinity will lose a game to a KY team for the next three years. 

I do think that with Wallace at X and Wolfe at Male, and no Beatty, the door is still cracked open on taking down the Rocks, though I have heard that this upcoming Soph. group is pretty untouchable. 

Just wanted to point out that population is not the full picture in these comparisons.

Boyle County has 4 High Schools: 3 Public and 1 Private
Jefferson County has 64 High Schools:  42 Public, 22 Private (19 Co-ed and 3 All Boys)

(assuming I counted correctly - no I did not go so deep to see if they all have FB teams, I did at least take out the all-girls.)

At the end of the day BC and T had great seasons but they did not play so all of the conversation is bluster, would a could a and excuses - Which is why you play the games.

 

On 1/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, VF111 said:

I do think that with Wallace at X and Wolfe at Male, and no Beatty, the door is still cracked open on taking down the Rocks, though I have heard that this upcoming Soph. group is pretty untouchable. 

Am I alone on the island in thinking that T should have pitched an offer to Wolfe when Beatty retired?

On 1/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, theguru said:

Will anyone that played on the Frosh team start in 2024 for Trinity?

The WRs Jason Hagan and Jordan Holman will both get a big look aided by attrition I think. They also had Sebastian Blue, Matthew Lococo and Cortney Jones Jr. that could see time as early as next year. I outlined some of this in an earlier post. Spring practice will be very competitive I imagine, but first there is a banquet coming up to celebrate 2023!!! 

16 hours ago, RolandGS said:

Am I alone on the island in thinking that T should have pitched an offer to Wolfe when Beatty retired?

Yes, small island.

On 1/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, theguru said:

Will anyone that played on the Frosh team start in 2024 for Trinity?

My guess is 2-3 of them. Just a rough guess

WR - Jason Hagan

LB - Sebastian Blue

TE - Stivers (not sure his first name - he's a beast)

But there's plenty for the coaches to pick from. A lot of talent.

Again, not sure there are many (maybe 2-3) Power 5 kids but a lot of really good high school talent.

9 hours ago, #RockNation said:

The WRs Jason Hagan and Jordan Holman will both get a big look aided by attrition I think. They also had Sebastian Blue, Matthew Lococo and Cortney Jones Jr. that could see time as early as next year. I outlined some of this in an earlier post. Spring practice will be very competitive I imagine, but first there is a banquet coming up to celebrate 2023!!! 

I would have said Holman, but he said off the freshman team and I don't believe Holman or Lococo every played on the freshman team.

Back to Wolfe, his championship game record is not stellar. He has made some head scratching decisions in those games as well.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:47 PM, RolandGS said:

Am I alone on the island in thinking that T should have pitched an offer to Wolfe when Beatty retired?

 

On 1/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, #RockNation said:

Yes, small island.

Actual, unretouched image of "Roland's Rock."

istockphoto-514373086-612x612.jpg

Trinity has not missed very often when it comes to choosing head coaches for any sport really, especially lately. When you have 1300-ish males who are astutely aware of the culture, it both creates a lot of pressure to succeed but also allows for that chance at greatness. I think that is why the jobs when offered are so desirable. Mike Szabo has come from the Northeast and been outstanding as the hoops coach. He's won 2 titles, put 3 of our guys in the NBA and his summer camps are legendary for the amount of kids that come to experience Trinity. Baseball's Rick Arnold came back to his alma mater to finish a job that Steve Tompkins and many before him started and won a title in '21, got Daylen Lile on the fast track to the MLB and countless others drafted or to D-1 programs. The other KHSAA programs have all seen similar success lately and for the first time I can remember (if ever), more young men have chosen Trinity over any of our rivals in Louisville.

If you were a coach, wouldn't you want to come to Trinity and have all that at your fingertips? 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.