Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

I would think another issue would be busses, you would be putting lots of folks together in a very confined space with older coaches and bus drivers.

If that’s an issue then public schools are dead. Turn out the lights the party is over!

If that’s an issue then public schools are dead. Turn out the lights the party is over!

As long as social distancing is necessary, bussing will be an issue. Teams will have to take multiple busses to meet those guidelines, and districts will need to address transportation routes in general. Although I suspect many parents will address it themselves by transporting kids on their own.

As long as social distancing is necessary, bussing will be an issue. Teams will have to take multiple busses to meet those guidelines, and districts will need to address transportation routes in general. Although I suspect many parents will address it themselves by transporting kids on their own.

Or just have a travel list and only take 35-45 kids in two buses.

I would think another issue would be busses, you would be putting lots of folks together in a very confined space with older coaches and bus drivers.

It's pretty evident that as long as we are practicing social distancing, football is a no go. It's really that simple. How are you going to say you can't have people on the bus together, but eight guys piled on top of each other at the end of a play is no big deal? It's just common sense, it can't be done while still practicing social distancing.

Our best bet at football this season is to hope Covid-19 ends much like SARS did. That it just fades away and is never really seen again. But don't worry, the media will make sure you know about every new case from now until the end of time.

No vaccine = no sports.

Just my opinion.

If a vaccine is the determining factor then a realistic goal for getting back to Kentucky High School Sports is probably the fall of 2022.

Agreed. Not at the HS level anyways.

Nope. We don't have to have a vaccine. If there is a treatment that keeps people with the virus from dying, all systems go. That is where we need to put our hope because we are a year or more away from a vaccine.

Disagree. There should be numerous treatment options coming in the upcoming months. As to a vaccine, I am confident the majority of the population does not take part in the flu vaccine. The last numbers I seen, flu was still in the lead for most deaths.

I am not advocating ignorance, but am against the extreme that a vaccine and its timeline are the only cure all. I as with anyone eagerly await a vaccine, but it’s not the only option on the table.