Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

If Coronavirus operates the same as all the previous SARS strands. It should start to die off once it gets hot outside. If that is the case then we should have football this fall. If not, I hate to see what our world looks like by August.

Yes, but will start coming back in October like Flu. Not sure if they will have vaccine by then.

Will athletes be prepared for the rigors of next football season is what concerns me, or should I say should be concerning trainers. All players better be doing what they can, on their own, to be in physical shape when season does open up. The dead period is seriously gonna separate the intrinsic from the extrinsic motivated if the season does open up next year

If KHSAA doesn't play spring sports and we stay in Dead period for the remainder of the spring...Thoughts on what the KHSAA would do this summer provided everything begins to clear up.

Possible shorten or change the regular Dead period? Most HS programs will probably start back the week of July 13...Could KHSAA allow Dead Period to end July 6 and have an extra week to get players back in "shape"?

If there is no football played in the fall, will it hasten the decline of football at the scholastic and youth levels? I'm afraid it might.

Maybe. But it's not like kids that played football will be able to switch to other sports, because it won't just be football not being played. Really, all sports might suffer and lose players.

If there is no football played in the fall, will it hasten the decline of football at the scholastic and youth levels? I'm afraid it might.

I would argue that we're going to see a dramatic decline in coming years without the current climate and implications of Coronavirus. These kids that are 8th graders/freshmen are the kids who were 5-6 years old when the concussion era began and people - in particular, moms - became more aware of the science behind concussions.

As someone who has coached youth football for 10+ years, the numbers seem to be declining every year. Will be interesting to see where the next few years take us in terms of overall numbers of football players.

Very interested to see where the NKYFL goes over the next 3-5 years as well. The current leadership board is full of great leaders and good men that I feel confident will do everything they can to build the game. Their success - or lack thereof, which I doubt will happen - will directly impact the numbers in our high schools in the near future.

Think about where we were on all this one week ago. With that in mind, how can we have any idea what things will look like in 5 months?

We can't possibly have any idea. In fact, we could be facing "something additional" in 5 months that based on the precedent of today requires us all to stay quarantined.