Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Transfer Portal: Entering and Committing

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My conspiracy theory is he will withdraw from college, not get drafted, and LeBron will force the Lakers to sign him as a free agent.

  • Believe I saw in the Summitt League, that every 1st and 2nd team player eligible to return to college has entered the transfer portal. My assumption is every person is entering the portal until I hear

  • Louisville has landed Sun Belt POY Terrence Edwards out of the portal. Edwards led JMU with 17.2 ppg, 4.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists. Shot 34% from three.  Big early pick up for Pat Kelsey and the

Entering - Louisville's entire team

Believe I saw in the Summitt League, that every 1st and 2nd team player eligible to return to college has entered the transfer portal. My assumption is every person is entering the portal until I hear otherwise. Had we tried explaining this to our future selves 20 years ago, we would have died laughing and called it impossible.

6 hours ago, bugatti said:

Believe I saw in the Summitt League, that every 1st and 2nd team player eligible to return to college has entered the transfer portal. My assumption is every person is entering the portal until I hear otherwise. Had we tried explaining this to our future selves 20 years ago, we would have died laughing and called it impossible.

It will be interesting to see where this ends up in 5-10 years.  But no doubt about it, if you're a guy that is a starter/stud at one school, there is a very good chance the transfer portal will show you what your market value is at another school with NIL. It also doesn't mean you must transfer. 

On a side note, we talked about Thiero in particular today at work.  Unless he truly wants to transfer because he isn't happy, worried about playing time etc. Him entering the transfer portal will undoubtedly give him a chance to see what his NIL value is at UK. I'm sure he will get $$$$ numbers on what the folks in Lexington are willing to give him to stick around at Kentucky. I'd LOVE to have him back at UK, his physical play in the SEC is very valuable and I like the way he plays. 

 Bummed but not surprised Adou went to the portal. He’s the type of player Cal needs to absolutely recruit to stay at UK. He grew 4 inches and gained 20lbs between the end of the 23 season and beginning of the 24 season. 

7 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

Kentucky - Theiro has entered.

Didn't see that one coming after Calipari came back.

37 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Didn't see that one coming after Calipari came back.

I'm bummed but not surprised. Isn't Adu managed by his "handlers" or am I incorrect in my recollections? I thought this was a topic at the end of last year for Cal and UK.

24 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

I'm bummed but not surprised. Isn't Adu managed by his "handlers" or am I incorrect in my recollections? I thought this was a topic at the end of last year for Cal and UK.

I think that your recollecting Ugo Onyenso, who entered the portal last year and still came back. He had handlers.

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think that your recollecting Ugo Onyenso, who entered the portal last year and still came back. He had handlers.

That's more than likely the case. I can't keep up with the turnover anymore. 

  • Author
On 3/28/2024 at 10:19 PM, Tranquility Base said:

South Carolina's Meechie Johnson went into the portal a couple days ago.

Committed to Ohio State

Has Bronny hit the portal yet?

1 hour ago, mcpapa said:

Has Bronny hit the portal yet?

Not officially.   But with Enfield headed to SMU, probably won't be long.

10 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Has Bronny hit the portal yet?

 

9 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Not officially.   But with Enfield headed to SMU, probably won't be long.

There are reports that he's in the portal, but I don't know if there's been anything "official."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.