Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Transfer Portal: Entering and Committing

Featured Replies

There are still a lot of good players undecided in the portal. A lot of good big men. Need to land some players quickly though because the pool is going to drop quickly over the next week.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My conspiracy theory is he will withdraw from college, not get drafted, and LeBron will force the Lakers to sign him as a free agent.

  • Believe I saw in the Summitt League, that every 1st and 2nd team player eligible to return to college has entered the transfer portal. My assumption is every person is entering the portal until I hear

  • Louisville has landed Sun Belt POY Terrence Edwards out of the portal. Edwards led JMU with 17.2 ppg, 4.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists. Shot 34% from three.  Big early pick up for Pat Kelsey and the

Bradley's Connor Hickman and USC's Arrinten Page to UC.

Hickman was Bradley's leading scorer this past season and chose UC over Indiana. Previous connection to UC assistant Drew Adams. Recruited him to Bradley prior to coming to UC.

Page is a former top 60 four-star that chose USC over UC last year to go play with high school teammate Isaiah Collier. 

Both good gets for Wes Miller with the departures of Newman, Oguama to graduation and Lakhin, Reynolds, Tolentino to the transfer portal. Lakhin committed to Clemson today. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

 

Redshirting a year - now that is interesting. I don't recall seeing that path from the transfer portal.

40 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Redshirting a year - now that is interesting. I don't recall seeing that path from the transfer portal.

I thought that was bizarre.  And it's also a bad look for Mark Pope, no matter how good or bad of a player the kid is.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Redshirting a year - now that is interesting. I don't recall seeing that path from the transfer portal.

 

48 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I thought that was bizarre.  And it's also a bad look for Mark Pope, no matter how good or bad of a player the kid is.

It’s my understanding he was hurt most of last year and plans to have knee surgery. Hence the redshirt. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

 

It’s my understanding he was hurt most of last year and plans to have knee surgery. Hence the redshirt. 

Any idea what kind of surgery?

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

Any idea what kind of surgery?

I haven’t seen anything about that yet. 

13 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I haven’t seen anything about that yet. 

I wondered because big men and knee injuries...often a bad combination.

18 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

 

Another plant by UK.  Have him redshirt and take some U of L money, have surgery, then enter portal next year and come to UK!

6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Former Ryle Raider, Oregon and UK guard, Maddie Scherr is transferring to TCU.   So I guess she is the point to Hailey Van Lith's 2 guard?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/othercolleges/2024/04/18/ryle-graduate-miss-basketball-former-mcdonalds-all-american-transfers-from-kentucky-to-tcu/73377311007/

She went out west then came back closer to home at UK.  Unfortunately she came back for a coach that was on her way out. I don't see anything wrong with this. Make the most of it while you can. Props to her. 

On 4/20/2024 at 4:40 AM, sportsfan41 said:

She went out west then came back closer to home at UK.  Unfortunately she came back for a coach that was on her way out. I don't see anything wrong with this. Make the most of it while you can. Props to her. 

Not blaming her at all.   The chance to play in the home state is one that most every player has.   Just didn't work out.   Bad coach, bad team and throw in some unfortunate injuries.   One year left, might as well start fresh and have fun.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.