Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I don’t see any reason for sports to be continuing right now. Too much at risk. I was already concerned about The Corona. Now I am wondering who the first person I work with will get it and how fast will it spread through the plant. Then I wonder how a 24/7 plant is supposed to stay open if no one can come to work.

Look for spring sports in high school to be canceled.

If he's got it, the Tourney is done for.

 

His test was negative.

Seems like a national two week quarantine would be a good idea. I don't think schools need to stay open and then wait for a case to pop up and then force them to close.

One scary thing that I saw, was that people are contagious BEFORE they show any symptoms themselves.

 

That is the same with a lot of viruses.

Seems like a national two week quarantine would be a good idea. I don't think schools need to stay open and then wait for a case to pop up and then force them to close.

 

Workplaces are even more vulnerable. 90% of the people I work with will come to work sick if they feel fine for the most part. I know I’d have to be unable to move before I felt I couldn’t work. If the virus is contagious before you know you have it how long will it spread around a workplace like mine before the entire place is infected?

 

Also, my job isn’t a work from home job so we will be in here every day. If someone here gets The Corona we’ll have a serious problem on our hands.

I’m unemployed because my workplace shut down on February 29th. My wife hasn’t worked for almost two years because of a hip replacement gone awry.

Tomorrow morning her gall bladder comes out. When we get home we have already decided to stay in for as long as it takes.

Very limited trips out of the house. Mail, bank if necessary. Maybe get a couple of cases of water. We don’t have to go out, so we won’t.

 

Best of luck Mack. Nowadays you should be able to do the majority of bank or delivery tasks via the internet. Perfect time to try it out if you have been avoiding it in the past.

Still 8 cases in Kentucky. Ohio added another, which makes 5 cases. Indiana with 11.

 

*Confirmed cases.

Neil Degrasse-Tyson was on Stephen Colbert last week, and, although this is completely out of his expertise, I thought he made a good point.

I'm paraphrasing, if America will trust science the Coronavirus will be something that will go away relatively quickly, but we are struggling with our trust in science these days, which could lead to more complications.

Dad has COPD. Wife has cancer that is returning over the past two months. Daughter has been to the ER 4 times in the past 9 days with something the doctors can’t figure out. Uneasy times now multiplied 1000 fold. Going to lay as low as possible and hope to ride it out I guess.

 

So sorry to hear all of this. Can’t imagine the stress. Will say a prayer for you.

Neil Degrasse-Tyson was on Stephen Colbert last week, and, although this is completely out of his expertise, I thought he made a good point.

I'm paraphrasing, if America will trust science the Coronavirus will be something that will go away relatively quickly, but we are struggling with our trust in science these days, which could lead to more complications.

 

People that want to be hard headed will be the reason this could get much worse before it gets better. We are and will continue to find out just how stupid and selfish Americans are during this event.

Seems like a national two week quarantine would be a good idea. I don't think schools need to stay open and then wait for a case to pop up and then force them to close.

 

I would be fine with this, as long as we are pretty confident that will actually do some good.

 

If it's a "we hope this helps" type of situation, I'm against it.

I would be fine with this, as long as we are pretty confident that will actually do some good.

 

If it's a "we hope this helps" type of situation, I'm against it.

 

The problem is people are still going to be out and about. I'm not sure how a 2 week quarantine is enforceable or even possible without taking some really harsh steps. And the economy is already tanking, what would a 2 week shutdown do. While the virus still worries, I worry more about the financial hit I'm taking both in the market, and in my job, as a good chunk of my income is commission/bonus based.

Edited by rjs4470

We were heading to Indiana this weekend to visit family. One is a newborn baby in the family and another is an uncle in a nursing home. We scratched both trips, not wanting to potentially put them or ourselves at risk. Had also planned on going to the mountains for a few days later in the week, wife and I discussed and it's not worth the risk just to get out of town for a couple of days. So it'll be board games and Netflix for us this week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.