Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

On a light note, when the schools in the Wuhan province closed schools and moved all coursework to an app called Ding Talk students found a way to get out of homework for a few days by consistently rating the app 1-star leading to the removal of the app by the app store.

:lol:

 

We've gotten an email from one of my son's teachers saying that if that's the route the school district eventually decides to go (online), that she'd be utilizing Google Classroom for her stuff. Basically it was a reassurance that her class wouldn't face too many obstacles going forward, as she already utilizes GC for stuff already.

 

My thought was...I know Google is HUGE...but, if every teacher, in every school district in the country decided to go online and utilize their service...do they have the servers to handle THAT much traffic? (And if not, I'm sure they're already working on it.)

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

We've gotten an email from one of my son's teachers saying that if that's the route the school district eventually decides to go (online), that she'd be utilizing Google Classroom for her stuff. Basically it was a reassurance that her class wouldn't face too many obstacles going forward, as she already utilizes GC for stuff already.

 

My thought was...I know Google is HUGE...but, if every teacher, in every school district in the country decided to go online and utilize their service...do they have the servers to handle THAT much traffic? (And if not, I'm sure they're already working on it.)

 

First, I don't think servers are an issue for Google. They own over 90% market share in the search engine market, so they already handle a colossal amount of traffic. Second, there are other players in the market aside from Google (Canvas, Blackboard Learn, Moodle, Schoology, etc) so they wouldn't even have to handle all the teachers in all the school districts across the country.

It honestly has been fascinating watching the growth and change of peoples' views on this subject just in this thread alone.

  • Author
It honestly has been fascinating watching the growth and change of peoples' views on this subject just in this thread alone.

 

Agreed. My own opinion in the last 48 hours is totally different. When professional sports begin suspending seasons, etc, it go very real to me. It's scary!

It honestly has been fascinating watching the growth and change of peoples' views on this subject just in this thread alone.

 

Just glad people are coming to their senses. Maybe we can get this slowed.

Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for coronavirus.

 

From Woj: "Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus with his teammates in the locker room, touching them and their belongings."

 

That dude needs to be kicked out of the league.

  • Author
Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for coronavirus.

 

From Woj: "Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus with his teammates in the locker room, touching them and their belongings."

 

That dude needs to be kicked out of the league.

 

I thought the video involving the mics was funny for 24 hours. Not funny at all as of yesterday.

We've gotten an email from one of my son's teachers saying that if that's the route the school district eventually decides to go (online), that she'd be utilizing Google Classroom for her stuff. Basically it was a reassurance that her class wouldn't face too many obstacles going forward, as she already utilizes GC for stuff already.

 

My thought was...I know Google is HUGE...but, if every teacher, in every school district in the country decided to go online and utilize their service...do they have the servers to handle THAT much traffic? (And if not, I'm sure they're already working on it.)

 

Wikipedia says that Google has 2.5 million servers. That was in 2016 - four years ago. I'm sure they will be OK.

The Big Ten / SEC / and American conferences just cancelled the remainder of their conference tournaments.

Sounds like it may be a barren fortnight for televised sports.

Carnival's Princess Cruises have suspended operations.

 

@TheDeuce

 

I just got an email offering many perks if I move mine to August. The problem is, it’s a family summer vacation.

Carnival's Princess Cruises have suspended operations.

 

Yep, that was the Cruise Line I was supposed to be on for our trip to Alaska.

We’re at the onset, we will see a peak and a decline. As it mutates it probably won’t be as effective. We need a 30-90 day cautious period right now. With the mass events canceling, we’re slowing stopping the spread already.

MLB suspending operations It sounds like, I hate it but it’s the correct thing to do. The virus will slowly run out of places to go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.