Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

The problem is people are still going to be out and about. I'm not sure how a 2 week quarantine is enforceable or even possible without. And the economy is already tanking, what would a 2 week shutdown do. While the virus still worries, I worry more about the financial hit I'm taking both in the market, and in my job, as a good chunk of my income is commission/bonus based.

Not in the USA. Asian countries took some crazy measures to stop the spread that I don't think can happen here.

Not in the USA. Asian countries took some crazy measures to stop the spread that I don't think can happen here.

They can't happen here because people won't listen and comply. I know I'm going to do my part to help limit the spread.

On a side note.... in NKY, both the Hebron & Union Kroger were crazy busy last night. I guess the school closing announcement was the trigger. Panic buying gives us some sense of control I guess.

I don't know if I'd say me and Mrs. CSF would be in a panic or not...but, having to have food for 10 extra meals each week would cut into our supplies a lot faster. And we only have 1 kid! I can see where having 3 or 4 kids could put you in a bind fairly quickly.

Is this theorem correct?

NBA Cancellation = March Madness Cancellation = Sweet 16® Cancellation

I think it could be leading to that in a few more days. Maybe not a cancellation of the Sweet 16 but no fans in the stands. I’ve got a $140 book of tickets ready for next week but if that’s the decision to protect everyone from this virus I’m fine with it. I feel bad for the teams that will be playing, though. They’re going to miss out on the excitement of the crowd noise and tournament atmosphere. I was hoping to see Ashland play. My nephew coaches the Tomcats. I suppose the games will be available on a stream service.

On a light note, when the schools in the Wuhan province closed schools and moved all coursework to an app called Ding Talk students found a way to get out of homework for a few days by consistently rating the app 1-star leading to the removal of the app by the app store.

:lol:

I don't know if I'd say me and Mrs. CSF would be in a panic or not...but, having to have food for 10 extra meals each week would cut into our supplies a lot faster. And we only have 1 kid! I can see where having 3 or 4 kids could put you in a bind fairly quickly.

Yeah, I totally get that. My husband said the same thing. But there was a certain “feel” in the air.

People that want to be hard headed will be the reason this could get much worse before it gets better. We are and will continue to find out just how stupid and selfish Americans are during this event.

That was me until a few days ago and 100% not me after yesterday. I'm a stubborn dude but not anymore on this one.

I would be fine with this, as long as we are pretty confident that will actually do some good.

If it's a "we hope this helps" type of situation, I'm against it.

From my understanding, it probably won't stop the spread of this, but it will slow the spread of this which hospitals are desperately going to need.

That was me until a few days ago and 100% not me after yesterday. I'm a stubborn dude but not anymore on this one.

You're not alone. I was very much in the "why is everyone overreacting?" crowd at the beginning of this. I'm not anymore.