Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

The bolded is exactly where I stand, but I think that is also part of why there is so much concern. We don't really know, even the doctors.

 

They know what could happen but don’t know what will happen. We’re now taking extreme measures to slow and defeat it. It’s far from over but we’re on the right track.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

It's like I am in a movie.

At this rate, the only sport left in our house will be me trying to catch my wife.

 

I hate that game!

I’m hearing all Ohio public schools might shutdown for 3 weeks. Nothing official yet.

 

40% of nurses have school aged kids. I know school isn’t a babysitter but it sort of is 9 months a year. If nurses can’t come to work that’s a problem.

I think closing that many schools for that long is a mistake, but we'll see.

I’m hearing all Ohio public schools might shutdown for 3 weeks. Nothing official yet.

 

40% of nurses have school aged kids. I know school isn’t a babysitter but it sort of is 9 months a year. If nurses can’t come to work that’s a problem.

 

Governor Dewine just tweeted out all schools (private, public, & charter) will be closed for 3 weeks. It is now official.

I wonder if Kentucky follows suit in closings schools now that Ohio has shut down. There have been murmurings but that's it so far.

This is insanity. Even after the dust settles we’re gonna have a deep recession. This looks like 1929.

I wonder if Kentucky follows suit in closings schools now that Ohio has shut down. There have been murmurings but that's it so far.

 

The third largest district in the state is going to online learning from March 16 to April 20 so I would say it is definitely coming.

Italy has had 12,462 confirmed cases and 827 deaths. That is a ton, and horrific, to be sure, but not near 30%.

 

The CDC doc last night at the best point I've heard: China has had this for 9 weeks, our population is 1/4th of theirs, have inferior resources, and were blind-sided by this, and they've had a total of 80k confirmed cases. Of those, less than 4,000 deaths, which is still 5%. So people talking about USA having 50,000,000 confirmed cases just seem ridiculous and sensational.

 

I wish every Doctor / medical professional had the same opinion instead of all over the map, so to speak, but again, the math in the above seems pretty solid.

 

You’re right.

I put a “to” in and it misrepresented the data. The stat was supposed to show the jump from 600+ deaths to 800+ deaths.

Any word from Diocese of Covington? What's taking so long for any sort of school related news... thanks in advance to any "insider" who may know....

This is insanity. Even after the dust settles we’re gonna have a deep recession. This looks like 1929.

 

I said this very thing earlier today. We think that 2008/2009 were bad, this is going to surpass that by miles IMO.

This is insanity. Even after the dust settles we’re gonna have a deep recession. This looks like 1929.

 

We'll definitely have adverse economic impacts. However, if we are able to get it under control via social distancing then things might be able to reboot by the summer. At least that's what I'm hoping. Unlike 2008, this is a societal issue more than banks freezing up their credit lines.

 

My concerns are people who don't get paid sick leave.

The third largest district in the state is going to online learning from March 16 to April 20 so I would say it is definitely coming.

 

It is coming. Fort Thomas schools more than likely will be shutting their doors beginning on Monday. Not extended spring break like Ohio schools, but virtual learning.

 

I guess that is the one silver lining in all of this is that we now have the ability for kids to learn remotely.

My concerns are people who don't get paid sick leave.

 

...and still come to work knowing they may be infected. It's one thing to not know or be showing no symptoms...but somewhere there's going to be someone come in to work knowing pretty well they likely could have it, and end up infected their co-workers, simply because they couldn't afford to be off work.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.