Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

That is true, I agree it could have been here for over a month already.

Went to the doctor the week of Christmas after spending a week in Vegas while traveling through California, Utah and Arizona as well. Had just finished antibiotics for a sinus infection a few weeks prior. I was out of commission for about 7-8 days while ill. The doctor said it was just another sinus/upper respiratory infection and didnt test for the flu or anything for that matter. Being young and healthy aside from joint problems I thought nothing of it but in retrospect it makes you wonder.

On a side note, Las Vegas has to be on par with Disney World for the amount of Chinese tourist that flock to it.

She works at Norton and at Frazier as well as teaching classes at Bellarmine. However, the Kroger that's by far the closest to her is just off the Brownsboro Road exit; not terribly far from Ballard H.S. She's in a place called The Overlook at St. Thomas.

If she is that close to Deuce, she needs to evacuate the city immediately.

Picked up a few staples at our Kroger this afternoon. A few more people than usual, but nothing really our of the ordinary; other than the fact that about 2 of every 3 carts had toilet paper.

Same type of experience for me. Stopped at a Mom & Pop grocery in Falmouth. Got some toilet paper, but we actually needed it. Seemed a little busier than usual, but nothing outlandish.

Social distancing is the only way to beat this. Stock up food, watch Netflix and get on BGP. Avoid crowds friends, the virus is all around us whether we’re showing symptoms or not, we can spread it. This thing is like trying to stop the wind, get out of its way until it moves on.

1. We assigned chrome books to students who don’t have a device at home.

2. Paper copies of lessons will be available to students who don’t have the internet infrastructure for online, remote learning. They can pick up at the school office.

3, Teachers are still reporting to school each day, to create lessons and assessments for online learning.

4. We want to continue to provide enriching education opportunities for your children, but we have no script for this. Please be patient with us.

5. I miss my students already.

The difference between Kroger on Tuesday vs. Thursday Night, at least in Alexandria, was a little astonishing. We were actually almost out of TP, so I went ahead and got some as well as some other essentials on Tuesday thankfully. My wife asked me to go pick up a few other things. At 8:30pm last night it was quiet there but man you can tell it got wiped out. A few things:

1) You can tell that most people just don't care about Simple Truth or organic. I guess when you're buying in bulk, you just get what is cheaper. There were only Simple Truth eggs left and the Organic section looked like no one stepped foot in it.

2) Kroger is going to be running a massive sale on Cream of Mushroom

3) Young cashier told me how insane it was. Said that people were consistently spending $750+.

Ok, so someone please explain the toilet paper thing to me. What am I missing by not rushing to go buy some? Granted, it is just my wife and I, but I counted and we have 18 rolls in the closet, but why do I need more? I get it, you want to use toilet paper, but if there was some kind of mass shortage, it is not as if your water supply is cut off at home.

Ok, so someone please explain the toilet paper thing to me. What am I missing by not rushing to go buy some? Granted, it is just my wife and I, but I counted and we have 18 rolls in the closet, but why do I need more? I get it, you want to use toilet paper, but if there was some kind of mass shortage, it is not as if your water supply is cut off at home.

I think the toilet paper is more a concern for larger families that might have to self quarantine for weeks. With all of the rumors out there if the one becomes true about a lockdown then folks want to be prepared.

The difference between Kroger on Tuesday vs. Thursday Night, at least in Alexandria, was a little astonishing. We were actually almost out of TP, so I went ahead and got some as well as some other essentials on Tuesday thankfully. My wife asked me to go pick up a few other things. At 8:30pm last night it was quiet there but man you can tell it got wiped out. A few things:

1) You can tell that most people just don't care about Simple Truth or organic. I guess when you're buying in bulk, you just get what is cheaper. There were only Simple Truth eggs left and the Organic section looked like no one stepped foot in it.

2) Kroger is going to be running a massive sale on Cream of Mushroom

3) Young cashier told me how insane it was. Said that people were consistently spending $750+.

I took a trip to Kroger in Latonia last night. Toilet paper was completely gone, and the freezer cases were all very light. Eggs and milk were in good supply. The checkout lines were 4-5 deep, but self checkout wasn't any worse than normal. We had stocked up pretty good before leaving for vacation, and are in pretty good shape, so we will be able to avoid the grocery store for at least a couple weeks.

I went to Costco last night to grab some bananas. The boxes they have setting out were completely empty. No clue what people are going to do in 10 days when those spoil? I suppose people - who seldom buy bananas - think they will last a month plus?

Supply chain interruptions, social chaos, natural disasters, etc. result in empty shelves. And the two things that become scarce first in these and similar situations is water....and TP. And neither has an alternative or a good alternative if not available. So these two items are tops on the "prepper list".

And now we know who all are closet preppers or at least have their list ready....:)

Real story - a childhood friends lives in north Florida. When the hurricane(s) were threatening he did offer to let people stay on his 2 or so acres in campstyle mode. But what was something that ran out and he had to ask for on facebook - toilet paper.