What’s going on at Newport?

Sent to me by a friend. Coach Hahn out after 2 years? What does this mean for Newport football going forward? Very late in the game to find a qualified coach. 

Newport Independent Schools - Frontline Recruitment.jpeg

I can't help but wonder if the prospect of a potential third-straight season with zero home games might be playing a significant impact on the kids deciding whether or not to go out for the football team at Newport, as well as Coach Hahn.

Additional Reading:

Newport Football Stadium Has Been Condemned (Posted April 21, 2022)

Will Newport have any home games in 2023? (Posted April 11, 2023)

Will Newport have any home games in 2024? (Posted February 11, 2024)

Glad he left! Newport did not deserve him. Newport should drop the program honestly. Newport Priorities seem to be out of wack. Two years going on a third without a home game. 

2 hours ago, Pi said:

Coach Hahn was a really good coach, and handled a difficult team extremely well.

Definitely odd.

Agree he is a very good coach! They will miss him! With that said what do you mean when you say he handled a difficult team? 

Is it true that Newport isn't going to fill the A.D. position per se? That's what I heard. Thought I saw where it was posted for the opening. Hearing since there isn't much of an Athletic Dept to manage then what's the point. Maybe that has something to do with it as well. Who's in Charge? Maybe Coach Hahn couldn't trust the District when it comes to hard decisions. Again with no A.D., who's in Charge? I really think the priorities in Wildcat land are way out of whack right now. Just one persons opinion. I personally like the idea of Paul Wiggins. However I also think he would be crazy to take that Job with the current Admin commitment that isn't focused in all Sports down at Newport. While one flourishes all others suffer. Is the Baseball Coach next?

• Like 1

I’m sure there are a bunch of reasons for Coach Hahn to leave, but when you go around a say, “I’m not walking out that door” for a year and a half then dip in May without another coaching job lined up, definitely raises some eyebrows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buck2 said:

I’m sure there are a bunch of reasons for Coach Hahn to leave, but when you go around a say, “I’m not walking out that door” for a year and a half then dip in May without another coaching job lined up, definitely raises some eyebrows. 

Does he have another job? 

18 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agree he is a very good coach! They will miss him! With that said what do you mean when you say he handled a difficult team? 

Newport is not an easy place to coach. Add on to that, stadium issues, admin issues, and all the other stuff? It's not an easy job.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Is it true that Newport isn't going to fill the A.D. position per se? That's what I heard. Thought I saw where it was posted for the opening. Hearing since there isn't much of an Athletic Dept to manage then what's the point. Maybe that has something to do with it as well. Who's in Charge? Maybe Coach Hahn couldn't trust the District when it comes to hard decisions. Again with no A.D., who's in Charge? I really think the priorities in Wildcat land are way out of whack right now. Just one persons opinion. I personally like the idea of Paul Wiggins. However I also think he would be crazy to take that Job with the current Admin commitment that isn't focused in all Sports down at Newport. While one flourishes all others suffer. Is the Baseball Coach next?

Is the AD, Mike Hunter, retiring?