What’s going on at Newport?

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I drove past there today on 471.   Looks like they had stands up.   Unless they just don't have electricity, sewage or running water there didn't appear to be any reason they can't play there this fall.

I believe the Field is located in the Flood Plain and therefore when Buildings/Structures are torn down they are no longer Grandfathered in from what I was told. So with that, they are unable to get Bathroom's/Concessions approved through planning and Zoning. Someone dropped the Ball here. I am hearing they're moving the Stadium over closer to the School and elevating it with the Stands built into the Hillside that holds the School up. Federal Money at it's best. But what a waste of time and money putting up New Stands and replacing Turf knowing all good and well that it all lies within the River's wrath.

13 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I believe the Field is located in the Flood Plain and therefore when Buildings/Structures are torn down they are no longer Grandfathered in from what I was told. So with that, they are unable to get Bathroom's/Concessions approved through planning and Zoning...I am hearing they're moving the Stadium over closer to the School and elevating it with the Stands built into the Hillside that holds the School up.

So the football field will now run from center field to right field of the current baseball stadium?