St. Henry names Tim Odom coach of their inaugural football team

Pi

St. Henry District High School is thrilled to introduce Mr. Tim Odom as the inaugural Head Football Coach, marking a significant milestone in the school’s history. Mr. Odom, with a rich football background, brings a wealth of experience, having played high school football at Cincinnati Moeller and as a collegiate player at Ohio State University. In addition to his notable achievements, Mr. Odom’s coaching tenure at Moeller, Simon Kenton, Glen Este, and Lakota West exemplifies his commitment to excellence. Notably, at Simon Kenton, he led the program to its first KHSAA playoff victory, showcasing his ability to build successful football programs. 

Jim Demler, Athletic Director at St. Henry, expressed confidence in Mr. Odom, stating, “Tim is a perfect fit to start our program here at St. Henry. His leadership and extensive experience will provide a solid foundation for sustained success. Tim is a tremendous leader, and he will work hard to establish a football program that the St. Henry Community will be proud of.”

• Thanks 2

St. Henry District High School’s deep connection to the Catholic faith adds a unique dimension to this announcement. The school, recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School, instills values of community, integrity, and excellence. Grant Brannen, Principal of St. Henry District High School, remarked, “St. Henry is a school with a rich tradition of excellence, not only in academics and athletics but also in fostering a community grounded in faith. I have the utmost confidence that Tim will instill our core values of Faith, Respect, and Grit to our SHDHS students and community” 

“Words cannot express my excitement at being named the first Head Football Coach for St. Henry District High School. St. Henry’s commitment to academic excellence and its strong foundation in faith make this opportunity truly special. With proven athletic success across the board, and now with football, the program has the potential to be one of the finest in the Commonwealth. ” – Tim Odom, New Head Football Coach, St. Henry District High School.

Here’s the 2nd part I forgot to copy together with the above

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

St. Henry District High School is thrilled to introduce Mr. Tim Odom as the inaugural Head Football Coach, marking a significant milestone in the school’s history. Mr. Odom, with a rich football background, brings a wealth of experience, having played high school football at Cincinnati Moeller and as a collegiate player at Ohio State University. In addition to his notable achievements, Mr. Odom’s coaching tenure at Moeller, Simon Kenton, Glen Este, and Lakota West exemplifies his commitment to excellence. Notably, at Simon Kenton, he led the program to its first KHSAA playoff victory, showcasing his ability to build successful football programs. 

Jim Demler, Athletic Director at St. Henry, expressed confidence in Mr. Odom, stating, “Tim is a perfect fit to start our program here at St. Henry. His leadership and extensive experience will provide a solid foundation for sustained success. Tim is a tremendous leader, and he will work hard to establish a football program that the St. Henry Community will be proud of.”

That looks like a great hire.

Congrats to Coach Odom!

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to St. Henry names Tim Odom coach of their inaugural football team.
  • theguru changed the title to St. Henry names Tim Odom coach of their inaugural football team
3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Does anyone have Coach Odom's resume?

Where has he been coaching the past few years?

When was he head coach at Simon Kenton? In the 1990's?

I think it is all in that video.  1990 to 1995 for the Neers.  Coached a bunch of different things at Moeller (OH) and Ohio State.  From looking at the video again:

38-1 as a player at Moeller where he was a 2 time state champion and an All American.

2 year letterman and 2 year assistant coach at The Ohio State University.

2 year defensive coordinator, 3 year assistant coach, and 5 year offensive coordinator at Moeller (OH).

I don't know the answer the past few years but I am thinking maybe retirement or something where he was giving back. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think it is all in that video.  1990 to 1995 for the Neers.  Coached a bunch of different things at Moeller (OH) and Ohio State.  From looking at the video again:

38-1 as a player at Moeller where he was a 2 time state champion and an All American.

2 year letterman and 2 year assistant coach at The Ohio State University.

2 year defensive coordinator, 3 year assistant coach, and 5 year offensive coordinator at Moeller (OH).

I don't know the answer the past few years but I am thinking maybe retirement or something where he was giving back. 

Based off all that has he coached at all since 2007? If he stopped being SK coach in 1995. Those years listed as an assistant add up to just 12 years. So I’m just curious to when was the last time he coached? With that said it’s a great resume and sounds like a big time hire by St. Henry. 

17 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Based off all that has he coached at all since 2007? If he stopped being SK coach in 1995. Those years listed as an assistant add up to just 12 years. So I’m just curious to when was the last time he coached? With that said it’s a great resume and sounds like a big time hire by St. Henry. 

I have no idea fc.  With football season going on I forgot about St. Henry adding football and Coach Odom has to be about 60.  I thought he was retired and maybe he was.  Either way, I think this is a very solid first hire for St. Henry. 

• Like 1

Also, LINKNKY had this little tidbit:

Odom has a long coaching history, is a Moeller (Ohio) grad and lettered for two seasons at Ohio State University. He’s coached at Moeller, Simon Kenton, Glen Este (Ohio) and Lakota West. At Simon Kenton, he led the program to their first ever playoff win.

=============

So we can add Glen Este (OH) and Lakota West (OH) onto his resume.