Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I implore my fellow members, please let's keep this one open.

Agreed! I even need to proof read my post a little more before sharing what I read. Let’s keep this one open, it’s a hot as it gets and it’s super informative. We’ve all learned a lot from this thread.

Medical Community I've spoken to believes it has been in this country for 60 days, and certainly was here within 48 hours of the first case in China.

Perhaps I am reading this wrong. I read the first case in China happened back in November. That would mean it has been in the US since November? I don't think so.

There were isolated one off cases reported here and there in the US starting in late January with the first case in Washington on Jan. 21. The first case in Washington traveled from Wuhan and landed in Washington on Jan. 15. He exhibited just cold like symptoms, didn't feel a need for treatment till day 9 of his illness and was diagnosed on Jan. 21. That put him in circulation for a week with COVID-19. It wasn't until mid February that it started to scale up with multiple cases per day. The take off date for multiple cases reported was February 17 when the 5 Washington cases were reported. That is almost a month after the first case.

All that being said, I think the lock down is good to slow the spread and try to head off a bigger issue of uncontrollable spread.

Side note: As of this post, the only state with no reported cases is West Virginia.

I work for a major utility. We've been told to spend as little time as possible at HQ's, to isolate from crowds, to report our health condition to our supervisors daily, and to work by ourselves as much as feasibly possible.

Definitely some wild times. Hopefully we see a shift and things begin to normalize. I'm used to running, this is really boring!

Was told today that Kroger in Greater Cincy (110 stores) has done $165 million in sales and they still had 1.5 days to go at that point.

Store I use was up roughly 45% in sales and still had like 36 hours to go. And its gonna be a while until toilet paper is on the shelves again.

The mandatory lock down is coming, it’s only a matter of time at this point.

It will be interesting if that does happen how it is enforced. Easier for China to do when they have an authoritarian dictatorship.

With people needing to pay bills, needing supplies, etc. it's going to be interesting how all of that gets sorted out and managed. One has to think some things are going to be able to be paid late.