Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Governor is mandating it. My better half told me they have until 5pm.

It's an interesting world we live in. I understand the need. But the Surrealism is thick enough to cut it with a knife. :thumb:

It's an interesting world we live in. I understand the need. But the Surrealism is thick enough to cut it with a knife. :thumb:

Hopefully we can learn our lesson with minimal loss this time around so when it happens again, we are better prepared.

These shut downs are a win win decision. If confirmed cases slow down or never reach worst case projections, everyone can say it worked. If cases still escalate to high numbers, everyone can say the shutdowns were good and maybe should have started even sooner.

If it works you will have some say that it wasn't necessary because the numbers are low.

Ohio's chief public health official said she believes there could be 100,000 Ohioans with COVID-19 right now.

I understand and agree that we are well under-reported nationwide in terms of the cases. However, that feels ludicrous. That is the type of thing to cause panic with no backing. I saw her rationale for that (1 percent of 11.7 million people in her state). That should basically mean that the number of dead Ohioans from this should be approaching no less than 1,000; officially, 61 are dead nationwide from this. Nationwide I could buy that under-reported as well as someone who hadn't tested positive for it who dies wouldn't be in those numbers, but I can't imagine anyone would miss that large a number in a specific state.

If it works you will have some say that it wasn't necessary because the numbers are low.

And those people's opinions aren't to be taken seriously because they clearly aren't smart enough to understand why the numbers are/were low.

I understand and agree that we are well under-reported nationwide in terms of the cases. However, that feels ludicrous. That is the type of thing to cause panic with no backing. I saw her rationale for that (1 percent of 11.7 million people in her state). That should basically mean that the number of dead Ohioans from this should be approaching no less than 1,000; officially, 61 are dead nationwide from this. Nationwide I could buy that under-reported as well as someone who hadn't tested positive for it who dies wouldn't be in those numbers, but I can't imagine anyone would miss that large a number in a specific state.

I thought that number looked high also. I think the US overall has done well jumping in very early with drastic shutdowns which will skew numbers lower than what has happened in other countries.