Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I disagree emphatically.

I do too. Less than 3 weeks ago, this was still being downplayed, and it was even said it was under control. It doesn't appear we took any steps to prepare when this first hit China. And because we didn't prepare, and have tests available, we still don't know how bad this is. Not only that, there are still tons of people that think this is a media hyped event that isn't all that serious. We had a few months to get out ahead of this. We didn't, and now we really need to buckle up for the ride.

I do too. Less than 3 weeks ago, this was still being downplayed, and it was even said it was under control. It doesn't appear we took any steps to prepare when this first hit China. And because we didn't prepare, and have tests available, we still don't know how bad this is. Not only that, there are still tons of people that think this is a media hyped event that isn't all that serious. We had a few months to get out ahead of this. We didn't, and now we really need to buckle up for the ride.

I agree. It looks like we have done the right things because so much has happened so fast. I think these measures (and more) are the right ones, but we are weeks behind.

There is no excuse for us to be in this situation. None.

It’s wild to me they even today folks are saying, ehhhh, I’ll be all right.

It ain’t about you.........

I disagree emphatically.

I agree. It looks like we have done the right things because so much has happened so fast. I think these measures (and more) are the right ones, but we are weeks behind.

There is no excuse for us to be in this situation. None.

It’s wild to me they even today folks are saying, ehhhh, I’ll be all right.

It ain’t about you.........

I was speaking specifically to the drastic shutdowns. In China they didn't lock down Wuhan until Jan. 23. By that time COVID-19 had been in circulation for two months with 300 announced cases (speculation is the real number was over 1,000). Compare that to the number of cases in Ohio and Kentucky from the time the first cases were confirmed and to the total cases confirmed. We are doing the lock down way ahead of other countries. We have the benefit of learning from those other countries but nevertheless we are way ahead of them on the lock down timeline.

I was speaking specifically to the drastic shutdowns. In China they didn't lock down Wuhan until Jan. 23. By that time COVID-19 had been in circulation for two months with 300 announced cases (speculation is the real number was over 1,000). Compare that to the number of cases in Ohio and Kentucky from the time the first cases were confirmed and to the total cases confirmed. We are doing the lock down way ahead of other countries. We have the benefit of learning from those other countries but nevertheless we are way ahead of them on the lock down timeline.

We aren’t on the same timeline as China. We are on the same timeline as Italy. We aren’t on lockdown. Not even close to one. We aren’t doing the necessary things to prevent it from spreading. And how many official tests have been done so far in the states by CDC? 14K was the last number I heard over the weekend.

We shouldn’t be comparing ourselves to China at all. The used appropriate measures. We haven’t and people aren’t listening anyways.

I type this from work where it appears that all 300+ of us are here in the building today. Every time someone coughs I want to punch them in the throat.

I understand your point but we have no clue what China did or didn’t do because they will never say. Their news is State ran media outlet and we will never know the truth about numbers or how quickly it spread there.

I was supposed to go to a wedding Saturday, March 28th. I saw the bride-to-be posted on Facebook that they were postponing the wedding. Not really sure what that means for them, but I'm pretty glad that I don't have to make a decision, which would have led to me not attending.

I understand your point but we have no clue what China did or didn’t do because they will never say. Their news is State ran media outlet and we will never know the truth about numbers or how quickly it spread there.

They literally shut down the whole country. They just started opening up stores in China last week. They stayed on lockdown until their numbers started to fall. We haven’t even gotten to the worst part yet and folks packed bars and restaurants all weekend. Think of all the strip clubs all across America that were open for business last weekend. Have you seen the pictures of the beaches in Florida right now during spring break?

We are doing everything the Italians did and as of today 95% of the people I know have no clue where to go get a test for The Corona.

We have no sports, the Derby probably won’t be ran until September, restaurants and bars are only shut down in some states.

Has West Virginia recorded their first case yet or are they still immune to it in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia?

Yeah, we’re doing spectacular.

I was supposed to go to a wedding Saturday, March 28th. I saw the bride-to-be posted on Facebook that they were postponing the wedding. Not really sure what that means for them, but I'm pretty glad that I don't have to make a decision, which would have led to me not attending.

I’m best man in a wedding this weekend that is expected to have 300 guests. I asked the groom if the wedding is still on and he said unless the venue makes them postpone it we are still having the wedding.

Sigh..........

I’m best man in a wedding this weekend that is expected to have 300 guests. I asked the groom if the wedding is still on and he said unless the venue makes them postpone it we are still having the wedding.

Sigh..........

Selfish.