Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

The number of cases each day are right on par with what Italy had at this stage.

The number of cases would be a lot higher if there were test available. There are probably many, many more people who have it or already had it that we don’t know about, because of lack of testing available.

Testing should soon be more available. Friday evening I spoke with a close relative who is an infectious disease doctor in Louisville. He said the testing kits are not that difficult to make and said UL had developed a reliable test kit by last Friday.

St. Elizabeth sent out an email this evening saying they have no confirmed case at any of their locations in N. Ky. Here are their recommendations:

-If you or your family member show symptoms of illness, please contact your primary care provider.

-Recently published data shows that approximately 80% of COVID-19 patients have mild illness and will have the same symptoms as a common cold including cough, congestion, fever and/or body aches.

-The incubation period for COVID-19 is estimated to be between 1 and 14 days.

-During the incubation period, infected individuals have the potential to spread the virus even if they do not yet exhibit symptoms.

-If you have symptoms similar to the common cold or flu (including cough, congestion, fever and/or body aches) that last longer than five to eight days OR are worsening, please contact your primary care provider for further instructions. If you don't require emergency care, remain at home until further instructions can be given.

-The most effective methods to avoid infecting others if you are ill are: hand washing; avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth; covering you mouth and nose with a tissue or with your bent elbow when you cough or sneeze; and maintaining distance from others when possible.

-Facemasks help prevent the spread of the illness if you have COVID-19, but facemasks do not prevent a healthy person from becoming infected with COVID-19.

- At this time, COVID-19 testing can only be authorized by the Kentucky Department of Public Health, following a medical evaluation of your symptoms and an assessment of risk factors. We are currently exploring additional testing options that can provide broader testing for our community.

-Even if you feel well, our physicians recommend that you practice "social distancing" -- avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible -- to slow the spread of the virus.

Husband has been coughing for days, with what seems to be a cold. I woke up with a cough this morning, feeling fine.My boss sent me home from work.

Drove past Ft. Mitchell Kroger on my way home. It was about 10 till 7:00 (new opening hour). There were well over 100 people standing outside waiting to get in.

I'm on Day One of work from home protocol at the office. It's still open (since we all have separate offices and plenty of independent space), but in-person client meetings have been cancelled. The courts closing made this a lot easier... can't miss deadlines if there aren't any.