Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Why? That hasn't been the case in other places that are 9 weeks into this. We don't all get Influenza A and B every year. Were you not a little buoyed by the fact that only one member of the Jazz traveling party caught it from Rudy, and the other 56 that were tested were negative? It isn't airborne, it isn't "that" easy to catch, why do you think most will get it? I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but all quantifiable evidence to date tends to not support that.

I really don't have a good answer. Just seems like so many people can have it without even showing symptoms. I'm sure I'm wrong. I don't know man. I've just accepted that I'll get it and hopefully I don't pass it to someone that it could really hurt.

I really don't have a good answer. Just seems like so many people can have it without even showing symptoms. I'm sure I'm wrong. I don't know man. I've just accepted that I'll get it and hopefully I don't pass it to someone that it could really hurt.

That’s my mentality as well.

I can't get on board with the bolded because there are alternatives to bottled water or toilet paper if crap really hit the fan.

Water for instance will still be coming out of the taps at our homes. I know a lot of people prefer bottled water but if that's not available, drink the tap water, you'll still live. I don't get the toilet paper thing at all, if ya run out you can find something similar that will work. If it gets that bad cut up anything made of cloth, use it and burn it when you're done with it. I know, that's not ideal, but it would work just fine.

That is an assumption that is not made when prepping/stocking by most. Depending on situation potable water may or may not be available. Water supply can be contaminated by a lot of things or the people that maintain the supply may become disabled or not able to keep it going.

Or - in the case of hurricanes or other broad-scale natural disaster the water supply can easily contaminate. Even things as simple as water-main break can suspend water supply to homes. See Houston recent event as example.

And without water coming out of the faucet then things can get rough.

Just saying this is the thought process that leads to the panic - some valid, some less so. In this case it seems everyone has heard the supply-chain may be threatened since things are cut off from China. Not sure if people assume that TP comes from China.

That is an assumption that is not made when prepping/stocking by most. Depending on situation potable water may or may not be available. Water supply can be contaminated by a lot of things or the people that maintain the supply may become disabled or not able to keep it going.

Or - in the case of hurricanes or other broad-scale natural disaster the water supply can easily contaminate. Even things as simple as water-main break can suspend water supply to homes. See Houston recent event as example.

And without water coming out of the faucet then things can get rough.

Just saying this is the thought process that leads to the panic - some valid, some less so. In this case it seems everyone has heard the supply-chain may be threatened since things are cut off from China. Not sure if people assume that TP comes from China.

It's not an assumption in this instance, imo, unless people are just being ignorant. This isn't a situation that affects our water supplies at all. Even if we were locked down by the national guard, they would run the water treatment facilities. This is a virus, not a natural disaster that affects our water supplies. Plans have been in place to keep the water flowing since the cold war.

This is what I am the MOST worried about......My daughter's wedding dress.

Will it arrive from China in time? :lol2:

This is what I am the MOST worried about......My daughter's wedding dress.

Will it arrive from China in time? :lol2:

The $50,000 dollar hit my 401k took is absolutely not worth the $8 wireless charger I’m using that amazon delivered 2 days after I ordered it :lol:

Yup, buddy of mine told us he canceled his trip for next week. I asked him if he felt better about it because he beat his travel providers to the punch.

I’m hoping that with it being RC’s decision we will get a full refund/credit.

I’m hoping that with it being RC’s decision we will get a full refund/credit.

You will. My son and DIL were to go during spring break. They were going to leave out of Puerto Rico. For them the airline was more problematic since they did not do the RC airline package.