Everything posted by MBWC41
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
I was pulling for Houston tonight Had them in my bracket over Auburn. Just calling a spade a spade
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
Lol
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
IT JUST MEANS MORE How many times have we heard that from you ??? Your obsession with the SEC rivals that of any posters obsession with the ACC.
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
Light hearted and funny ? that's not the feeling I got from the post. Maybe I was mistaken.
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
And I don’t necessarily think you were wrong about anything. I just can’t set by and let you call out posters obsessing over the ACC while you have an obsession with the SEC. IT JUST MEANS MORE
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
2 weeks ago you were thumping your chest about the “yeah, the acc sucks” after UNC beat some no name west coast team… I can look up the post and quote it tomorrow if you want me to.
-
Florida 65 Houston 63 (NCAA Championship)
Really fun game…. 2 great teams
-
Florida 65 Houston 63 (NCAA Championship)
IT JUST MEANS MORE !!!!!
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
You’ve talked all year about certain members “obsession” with the ACC. I think you’re the type of person who could never admit to being wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. I’d just like to hear you say one more time, IT. JUST. MEANS. MORE…
-
Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)
Don’t call him out… He’s always right lol
-
Florida 65 Houston 63 (NCAA Championship)
IT JUST MEANS MORE ?
-
Tennessee 78 Kentucky 65 (NCAA Sweet 16)
Great year. Wins over Duke, UL (as always), Florida and 2 of 3 against Tennessee… A sweet 16, the farthest we’ve been in several years. No complaints from this guy !
-
Creighton 89 Louisville 75 (NCAA Tournament 1st Round)
Talent wise or record wise ?
-
2025 Men's NCAA Tournament
I guess I thought you were being sarcastic in your original post. My apologies. I understand we now agree that everyone outside of Duke in the ACC this year was just slightly above hot garbage.
-
2025 Men's NCAA Tournament
But back to your original statement. Yes, the ACC sucks. By far the worst of the power conferences this year.
-
2025 Men's NCAA Tournament
It never really mattered until now tbh revenue sharing, nil, etc
-
2025 Men's NCAA Tournament
Never mentioned the sec… I’m sure UL will dominate the big 12 in a few years.
-
2025 Men's NCAA Tournament
I agree.
-
Calipari to Arkansas
One more thought. UK basketball measures its success in March. Phil Jackson with Steve Kerr, Rick Pitino and Gregg Popovich as assistants wouldn’t survive the losses in March that Cal had. You just can’t lose those games at UK…
-
Calipari to Arkansas
I was never in the fire Cal camp. If he retired or found another job, I was perfectly fine with that. Things had become stale. His style wasn’t working anymore. I feel the same way about Stoops on the football side of things. The thing about firing a coach is you better make sure you have someone in place who is a sure fire upgrade. I’ve had some conversations with OSU football fans about Ryan Day, Coach Cal and their similarities. At the end of the day, Cal is like an ex girlfriend… You hope they do well but you damn sure don’t want them doing better than you are…
-
Kentucky 93 Louisville 85
I’ve not coached above the 1st grade level and I could look like an improvement over the last 2 years for UL. Nowhere to go but up when you’ve won 8 or 10 games over the last couple of seasons…
-
Ozark - Season 4
I agree. I was hoping for an ending that tied things together a little more. It wasn’t a terrible ending but it could have been much better.
-
How do the boosters feel about the Basketball situation?
Not directed at you in any way my man. I quoted MJ, not you. My post was directed at the 100 year old fans who pine for the old days. The days where every player stayed 4 years. It was directed towards the fans who believe anything less than a championship is a failure. The fans who call for Calipari’s head but don’t offer a reasonable replacement. The fans who would turn their back on the replacement they named if he didn’t win a championship within a couple years. My post was directed at people who kick and scream without offering any solutions. If the above describes you, I’m sorry. As far as the “Ive” part of your post, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I can only assume you’re calling someone out for a grammatical error ? Maybe you’re a modern day Shakespeare?
-
How do the boosters feel about the Basketball situation?
Agreed. There has to be a camp somewhere that age 55 plus UK fans are taught to type in all caps with incredibly stupid hot takes. The weekly meetings of these camps take place at local McDonald’s at 5 am across the eastern part of the state.
-
Forgiving Student Loans
Very little in life is fair. Our tax dollars pay for stuff for all types of people but that’s a topic for another day. I’m all for holding the borrower accountable for the money they borrowed. It’s the interest rates I’d like to see reduced. Going forward, if we’re not going to change the system and reduce the cost of education, I’d also be in favor of mandatory community college for a year or two. If you show you’re making passing grades and have a clear career choice then you would be eligible to take out a loan and transfer to a traditional 4 year university to finish out your degree. Allowing naive, immature 17 and 18 year olds to take out loans for insane amounts of money has always been a terrible idea. I say all this as someone who paid off their student loans.