Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I'm starting to believe we have more tests "available" than it's being made to seem, they just aren't being distributed. The Utah Jazz being able to get tests and turned around so quickly is why I'm leaning that way.

Probably available to anyone...for the right price.

Probably available to anyone...for the right price.

The FDA relaxed guidelines for testing. This is from the Cleveland Clinic, one of the top health systems in the country. The Clinic can currently test about 500 patients per day and hopes to be at 1,000/day capacity by next week.

Ok, so someone please explain the toilet paper thing to me. What am I missing by not rushing to go buy some? Granted, it is just my wife and I, but I counted and we have 18 rolls in the closet, but why do I need more? I get it, you want to use toilet paper, but if there was some kind of mass shortage, it is not as if your water supply is cut off at home.

When panic appears people buy what they need vs. what they want. People are essentially bunkering up for a few weeks to a month. For a lot of people it provides a sense of control in a panicked environment. Also, we all tend to do what others do. We visually see people standing in line for iPhones, we hop in line. We see a lot of people buying toilet paper, we think we should do the same. Humans study other humans.

This just in from UC Health:

UC Health confirms that four patients have tested positive for COVID-19. The patients, initially seen at UC Health’s West Chester Hospital, have been treated and released.

Interesting, treated and released.

Probably treated and released to be self-quarantined in their own homes because there isn't space for them in the hospitals. Have to hope and pray that these individuals follow instruction, although I'm leaning more and more towards the fact that it doesn't matter and most of us will wind up with it, it's just a matter how does it affect each individual.

most of us will wind up with it.

Why? That hasn't been the case in other places that are 9 weeks into this. We don't all get Influenza A and B every year. Were you not a little buoyed by the fact that only one member of the Jazz traveling party caught it from Rudy, and the other 56 that were tested were negative? It isn't airborne, it isn't "that" easy to catch, why do you think most will get it? I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but all quantifiable evidence to date tends to not support that.

This just in from UC Health:

UC Health confirms that four patients have tested positive for COVID-19. The patients, initially seen at UC Health’s West Chester Hospital, have been treated and released.

Interesting, treated and released.

Based on the data that is already gathered about COVID-19, mathematics can predict - to a certain extent - the rate and amount that it will spread. There is no hospital system in any country in the world that is prepared to hold the number of infected patients that will need to be quarantined. Self/home quarantine is a required measure. Period.

Untitled3.jpg

Why? That hasn't been the case in other places that are 9 weeks into this. We don't all get Influenza A and B every year. Were you not a little buoyed by the fact that only one member of the Jazz traveling party caught it from Rudy, and the other 56 that were tested were negative? It isn't airborne, it isn't "that" easy to catch, why do you think most will get it? I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but all quantifiable evidence to date tends to not support that.

Edit: read it wrong.

I think a lot of people will get it and unknowingly pass it on. Data I have read says that you can get it and feel fine and never know it. It will act differently in everyone. Not to mention, we have no true idea how long it has been in America. We’ll learn more over the next couple of weeks.

Edit: read it wrong.

I think a lot of people will get it and unknowingly pass it on. Data I have read says that you can get it and feel fine and never know it. It will act differently in everyone. Not to mention, we have no true idea how long it has been in America. We’ll learn more over the next couple of weeks.

Heard Mitchell drank after Gobert.

Here is where the world is at right now. Some websites have posted that COVID-19 could live in the air, in an aerosol state for up to 3 hours. This is based on study that has not yet been peer reviewed and is brand new. And even if it is reviewed and approved - it just says in "could" be in an aerosol and in the air for 3 hours. Aerosol transmission is the Armageddon of viruses. Thus, if aerosol transmission that last 3 hours were verified as true - this would definitely justify the mass cancellations.

Of course, if this scenario where happening the entire Jazz ensemble should be all infected. Thus a very known data point seems to vary from some of the doom and gloom stories.

The CDC official website on how COVID-19 spreads makes NO mention of aerosol transmission.

There are also reports - that the virus can live on surfaces for 24 hours. This is an eternity compared to other to known virus behavior for that scenario. But, it 'could' happen and this is a 'new' (novel) virus.

The CDC website does not provide a timeline on how long the virus may live on a metal or other surface.

The CDC website does say that the virus appears to spread easily through a community.

Hearing scuttlebutt of a some sort of mandated lockdown coming in the near future. If that happens what will people say next? ”Don’t panic but unless you have essential work you have to stay in your house.”

Yeah, that’ll go over great.

People are being advised to make sure they have at least a month’s worth of their prescription medicine.