Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Now hearing that people are making a mini run on banks, pulling extra cash. Some bank locations and ATM's are running short on cash. Why people? I guarantee you that banks are not going to close and your credit and debit cards will continue to work.

 

They are not going to close completely, I agree. They are and will definitely be closing to "normal" business practices.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

For those of you who may be wondering why the 1918 pandemic keeps coming up this video is the first of a multipart series (each video is short) that goes into detail as to what happened 102 years ago. There are many lessons to take from that one.

 

They are not going to close completely, I agree. They are and will definitely be closing to "normal" business practices.

 

I could see drive thru only for every day transactions. I still think bankers will hold appointments for people looking for loans, line of credit, business banking, etc.

I could see drive thru only for every day transactions. I still think bankers will hold appointments for people looking for loans, line of credit, business banking, etc.

 

I know of two credit unions that will not be doing any of that after this week.

 

Most places you can do a loan fully online, even the documents.

Now hearing that people are making a mini run on banks, pulling extra cash. Some bank locations and ATM's are running short on cash. Why people? I guarantee you that banks are not going to close and your credit and debit cards will continue to work.

 

Not to mention how many hands have touched your cash.

 

I'm a HUGE fan of cash when it comes to spending, but even I have used the credit card a lot in the last few days.

I could see drive thru only for every day transactions. I still think bankers will hold appointments for people looking for loans, line of credit, business banking, etc.

 

Banks in my neck of the woods have eliminated any face-to-face interactions. Appointments are necessary, but they can be done by telephone.

Not to mention how many hands have touched your cash.

 

I'm a HUGE fan of cash when it comes to spending, but even I have used the credit card a lot in the last few days.

 

I stopped at a fast food place for a quick breakfast sandwhich this morning, and the place I stopped had me place my credit card on a tray, and handed me my food and card back on a tray. No hand to hand transfer.

I know of two credit unions that will not be doing any of that after this week.

 

Most places you can do a loan fully online, even the documents.

 

It's been like this for a while, and I don't think a lot of people realized it. This event is going to show people a lot of the old ways we did business, really aren't efficient or even necessary. And I think if this event lasts into summer, it's going to really change the way people interact with each other. Some of this social distancing may become the norm.

It's been like this for a while, and I don't think a lot of people realized it. This event is going to show people a lot of the old ways we did business, really aren't efficient or even necessary. And I think if this event lasts into summer, it's going to really change the way people interact with each other. Some of this social distancing may become the norm.

 

We are heavy into pushing the digital way of doing things.

We are heavy into pushing the digital way of doing things.

 

I have been only a halfway adopter of mobile banking, now i am doing much more. I always did deposits in person before but now I use the check deposit feature on the apps all the time.

I have been only a halfway adopter of mobile banking, now i am doing much more. I always did deposits in person before but now I use the check deposit feature on the apps all the time.

 

As older generations pass on, banking will change drastically and we'll see far fewer brick and mortar financial institutions, IMO.

Not to mention how many hands have touched your cash.

 

I'm a HUGE fan of cash when it comes to spending, but even I have used the credit card a lot in the last few days.

 

Credit card machines are just as dirty as cash. If not dirtier.

Credit card machines are just as dirty as cash. If not dirtier.

 

You think?

 

I'm not denying they're dirty, but cash is...well, cash.

You think?

 

I'm not denying they're dirty, but cash is...well, cash.

 

Think about all of the people who touch the credit card machine in just one checkout line at Walmart.

You think?

 

I'm not denying they're dirty, but cash is...well, cash.

 

I guess that is why they call it filthy lucre.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.