Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. While automatization may eliminate some jobs, those new processes often create other jobs.

That is what "they" say but everything I watch on Artificial Intelligence doesn't have any clue what those new jobs are going to be. This exact line of thinking comes up and no one has an answer.

Anyone in denial about many of our jobs going away should read this link again:

https://bluegrasspreps.com/technology/40-of-jobs-376833.html

You should be able to use it pretty much anywhere then.

That's what I wish, but if the store or restaurant has outdated equipment, they can't handle Apple Pay. It happened just today at a Wendy's carryout. Manager said they were "working on it".

Mine has the chip too. Sometimes I have to put in my code. Sometimes I don’t.

The machines that are setup to run everything as credit instead of giving you the option of credit/debit don't ask for your pin. Drive thru's and such are typically setup that way but it would be easy for the merchants to setup all of their machines that way.

That's what I wish, but if the store or restaurant has outdated equipment, they can't handle Apple Pay. It happened just today at a Wendy's carryout. Manager said they were "working on it".

Try holding it right where the magnetic swipe reader is. It works with samsung pay no matter how outdated the machine is, unless the machine is setup to run everything as credit, like drive thru's. I've used it at stores and as the cashier has noticed what I was doing they would tell me that it won't work on their machine, then to their surprise it does. It could just be samsung pay that works that way though, I've never used apple pay.

I just read in the paper that St. E. is testing patients.

They are testing but only tested a limited amount that they feel could be severe cases. That is why I say looking at numbers is pointless for us in our country, because we are not testing much for it. Zero idea to know how many cases there truly is, if only testing a select few.

Try holding it right where the magnetic swipe reader is. It works with samsung pay no matter how outdated the machine is, unless the machine is setup to run everything as credit, like drive thru's. I've used it at stores and as the cashier has noticed what I was doing they would tell me that it won't work on their machine, then to their surprise it does. It could just be samsung pay that works that way though, I've never used apple pay.

I know what you are saying, but many of these establishments have gotten Samsung Pay to work before they have gotten Apple Pay to work. Bottom line, either is cool to use to avoid transferring credit cards back and forth.

An interesting tid-bit I found:

Copper and copper-alloy (that are mostly copper) surfaces are very anti-coronovirus. This is from a study in 2015.

Apparently the ions from the metal disable and/or kill the virus after just a few minutes.

I wonder if an upside to the crisis, is that more attention is paid to "unconventional" R & D in medicine. If raw science could be mobilized to become part of a solution, fast tracking clinical trials. Five years after this study, is this anywhere close to being utilized by big pharma? Is it effective, practical ... ?

Don't know why I thought of this, but I needed a good laugh today. With this copper connection news, I'm thinking of sorting through my change jars and glueing pennies to my clothes if I need to go out. Paired with my foil hat - belt and suspenders.

Vern, from Stand By Me, under the porch, desperate ...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/abb400a4-44e3-43af-8cba-7550e68279c4

:lol2:

I'm leading a rich inner life right about now. Need to.

Edited by Runcible Owl

25 cases in Kentucky.

- 7 from Fayette.

- 7 from Jefferson.

- 6 from Harrison.

- 2 from Montgomery.

- 1 from Nelson.

- 1 from Clark.

- 1 from Bourbon.

14 men & 11 women.

The 25 includes those who have been released from the hospital and also the man who died.

Average age of the 25 is 54 years-old. Youngest is 27, but she has recovered and was the first diagnosed. Oldest is 80.

One more confirmed case today. This one from Lyon County.

The mister and I have been home alone for two days. After 40 years of marriage, I thought it would be so easy. This is going to be harder than I thought.

I'm with you. No sports on TV is a big factor in our household, not to mention the stress and uncertainty associated with the virus.

The key to the credit terminal is if they are setup for contactless payments. If they are contactless they should except Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung and others. For these restaurants, some of them still have contactless turned off even if their terminal has it available. It’s not so simple to turn it on though. Different processors offer different payments abilities. Changing a processor could take a day or two and even longer if they require new equipment.

Edited by STPB
Mis spelling