2024 Cincinnati Bengals

Well now the season ended not as we would have liked but with the injury to Joe Burrow in the 10th game of the season. The Bengals closed out the year at 4-3 after the injury and I think found a pretty good backup QB in Jake Browning. The Bengals have some decisions on offense at the WR and continue to improve the O-line and there has to be improvements on the defensive side of the ball next season. It looks currently the Bengals will draft around 18th position. As usual I am already looking forward to next season. Go Bengals! WHO DEY!!

• Thanks 1

This is a hard season to really put in perspective. Missed the playoffs, horrible against their own division. With that said the Bengals finished with a winning record, while going against one of the top 10 hardest schedules in NFL history I read last week. They did this while only having a fully healthy Burrow for maybe 4 games. Then also had other key starters miss games. So while missing the playoffs sucks, I don’t think this off season should be a panic mode and blow it up situation as I have seen some say on twitter and facebook. 

IMO you franchise tag Tee and try to trade him. If you can’t get good value for him, then you play this season out and get your comp pick for him in two years. You don’t sign back Boyd, cut Mixon, let Jonah walk because I think his price tag will be to expensive. Use some of that money to try to get better on their interior of the DL, and also another OL. They need to find a speed WR in the draft, and other than that they need to look for adding tough athletic players on both sides of the line in the draft. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, futurecoach said:

This is a hard season to really put in perspective. Missed the playoffs, horrible against their own division. With that said the Bengals finished with a winning record, while going against one of the top 10 hardest schedules in NFL history I read last week. They did this while only having a fully healthy Burrow for maybe 4 games. Then also had other key starters miss games. So while missing the playoffs sucks, I don’t think this off season should be a panic mode and blow it up situation as I have seen some say on twitter and facebook. 

IMO you franchise tag Tee and try to trade him. If you can’t get good value for him, then you play this season out and get your comp pick for him in two years. You don’t sign back Boyd, cut Mixon, let Jonah walk because I think his price tag will be to expensive. Use some of that money to try to get better on their interior of the DL, and also another OL. They need to find a speed WR in the draft, and other than that they need to look for adding tough athletic players on both sides of the line in the draft. 

I think that's a great off-season plan. Personally, I'd like to see them tag and keep Tee for this year. I think our receiver corps is in a great spot with Chase, Tee, Iosivas, Irwin, and Jones. CB seems to be a potential area to target in the draft with Awuzie taking a big step back after his injury. As the case every year lately, they've got to find more stability on that O-line.

Healthy Burrow and a more favorable schedule next year should see this team back near the top of SB favorites.

• Like 1

Takeaways from watching the first two playoff games, especially Houston stomping the Browns:

The Bengals need a serious reevaluation of their offense. There is no creativity. Game planning needs improvement. Houston's game plan exposed weaknesses in the Browns defense that the Bengals haven't been able to solve since Zac got here. But first and foremost, the line needs to be improved a lot. It is time to move on from Pollard. I hope Callahan gets a head coach job and a new OC comes in to shock Zac Taylor into fixing things. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Takeaways from watching the first two playoff games, especially Houston stomping the Browns:

The Bengals need a serious reevaluation of their offense. There is no creativity. Game planning needs improvement. Houston's game plan exposed weaknesses in the Browns defense that the Bengals haven't been able to solve since Zac got here. But first and foremost, the line needs to be improved a lot. It is time to move on from Pollard. I hope Callahan gets a head coach job and a new OC comes in to shock Zac Taylor into fixing things. 

Yes to all of this!

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not sure if it will happen but currently ESPN is predicting that the Carolina Panthers will hire Brian Callihan as their next head coach.

Good. The Bengals need new views and messages. Hopefully add some creativity to the offense.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Good. The Bengals need new views and messages. Hopefully add some creativity to the offense.

I did not realize that after the Saints fired their OC Pete Carmichal that Callihan is now the longest tenured offensive coordinator in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 12:41 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely on the money, been saying this for awhile now!!

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not really Bengals news now but did not want to start a thread just for this, but just saw a report saying that ex-Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis will become part of coach Antonio Pierce's staff with Raiders.

Bengals host the Raiders next year. I hope there is some sort of recognition for Lewis.

• Like 1

Callahan to the Titans.

Who is the next Bengals OC?

QB coach Dan Pitcher is the obvious choice but he is in demand for OC at other places. 

This article lists 3 or 4 other teams where Pitcher has interviews already. They also say Zac Taylor calling plays may be a reason that Pitcher would choose another OC job over the Bengals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2024/1/22/24047586/raiders-dan-pitcher-bengals-offensive-coordinator-las-vegas