NFL Expands Alt uniform Policy

19 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Apparently will allow for a third helmet design starting in 2025

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-expands-uniform-policy-to-allow-third-alternate-helmet-design

Will we see some true Bengals throwbacks?  The old orange helmets with the block "BENGALS".    

I think teams won't look backwards for the third helmet design. I would expect to see something new and exciting rather than just another throwback.

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I think teams won't look backwards for the third helmet design. I would expect to see something new and exciting rather than just another throwback.

Well the Bengals went forward with the White Bengal look.   I could see them going throwback a la the Kelly Green Eagles, the Oilers and the old Purple People eater era Vikings and, of course, the supreme throwbacks, the Red Helmeted Falcons look.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm entertained by the fact that when the impact of concussions and CTE were first really coming to light, the NFL bans having any additional helmets other than those properly fitted to a player at the beginning of the season, openly saying that it's in interest of protecting players heads/brains.

Then the marketability of alternate uniforms is realized. The NFL can make hundreds of millions based on having alternate uniforms, the ticket sales and viewership that drives up to see them, the additional advertising sales money that's made, and the additional clothing sales that happen. So they capitulate and allow for an alternate second helmet. And now here they are allowing for a THIRD alternate helmet.

13 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm entertained by the fact that when the impact of concussions and CTE were first really coming to light, the NFL bans having any additional helmets other than those properly fitted to a player at the beginning of the season, openly saying that it's in interest of protecting players heads/brains.

Then the marketability of alternate uniforms is realized. The NFL can make hundreds of millions based on having alternate uniforms, the ticket sales and viewership that drives up to see them, the additional advertising sales money that's made, and the additional clothing sales that happen. So they capitulate and allow for an alternate second helmet. And now here they are allowing for a THIRD alternate helmet.

It's not like the players can't or won't be properly fitted for the new helmets just as they are for the main helmet.