Ryle signs contract to play Colerain, OH in 2011 and 2012

CardsFan, I qualified my statement in the first post with an if Colerain can maintain. I would agree with you that the Cards do appear to be on the down.

Coop, you are stretching way way too far with the Highlands only beat Ryle by an average of three touchdowns song and dance. These games will be a minimum of a five touchdown Colerain win.

I understand the Harbin system everyone and it is true that teams from Ohio will only play out of state teams when they are almost certain they will beat them. With that said most of the teams on my list would certainly feel they would beat Ryle. Even when Ryle had their best team (I think I have my year right) Glen Este put it to the Raiders and although Glen Este was good they certainly were not elite.

Someone else already mentioned it too, teams from KY need to get their feet wet with teams they have at least a chance with before they step up to the Cincy elite.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CardsFan, I qualified my statement in the first post with an if Colerain can maintain. I would agree with you that the Cards do appear to be on the down.

Coop, you are stretching way way too far with the Highlands only beat Ryle by an average of three touchdowns song and dance. These games will be a minimum of a five touchdown Colerain win.

I understand the Harbin system everyone and it is true that teams from Ohio will only play out of state teams when they are almost certain they will beat them. With that said most of the teams on my list would certainly feel they would beat Ryle. Even when Ryle had their best team (I think I have my year right) Glen Este put it to the Raiders and although Glen Este was good they certainly were not elite.

Someone else already mentioned it too, teams from KY need to get their feet wet with teams they have at least a chance with before they step up to the Cincy elite.

They may have not been elite but compare the result to the strides Ryle's program made from one season to the next...In 2005, Glen Este beat Ryle 49-7, with that 7 coming in the final minutes of the game. In 2006, it was a 14-7 halftime game which ended up 28-7. That Glen Este team had a very nice season.

If anyone can recognize the position in which Ryle's football program is headed, it is their Head Coach. 2011 and 2012 will be good years for Ryle. Time will tell whether they can compete with an elite team from Ohio. However, I am certain they can compete with the elite from Kentucky in 2010, thats all that matters at the moment! :cool:

Just out of curiosity, what exactly make Colerain's 15 to 18 year olds different than Ryles? I will say that it might be Ryle's 15 to 18 year olds against Colerains 17 and 18 year olds, but i dont think Colerain kids drink any magic water that gives them a competitive advantage.

The programs and number of kids in the program might be apples to oranges, but not the ages of the kids.

Colerain has the magic water and Highlands has the Blue Koolaid, thats the difference.:thumb: Dont get me wrong, I give kudos to the Ryle coach for scheduling Colerain and Highlands both in the same yr to better his program but I must inform you and all Ryle supporters that this type of scheduling is great but I dont think just because you schedule the big boys in the regular season its going to gurantee you a win or even make a win come any easier against Lou T or X in the playoffs. If Ryle continues this type of work ethic and mentality then I can see them becoming the NKY power in 6A in the next 3 to 5 yrs. It may take 2 or 3 Elliot type kids before it really starts to work. It takes yrs and yrs and wins and wins to become a power and Ryle just isnt there yet. Hey, you gotta start somewhere so Good Luck! 20n10

FYI - CF is the biggest sandbagger on this site. Colerain will be loaded next yr btw.

I've got a kind of related question: Is there actually a "contract" signed for games like these? I know that games like the Crosstown Showdown involve contracts for advertising purposes, et cetera, but does a "big game" between two teams like this actually involve signing a contract, or is it just an agreement made between AD's?

I can't speak for this particular game, but I do know that there are simple contracts signed in my area, they are simple, to agree to play and location, and to spell out who gets what money and what the buy out cost is if a team breaks the contract. But, they are legally binding.

FYI - CF is the biggest sandbagger on this site. Colerain will be loaded next yr btw.

We should be a much improved team offensively in 2010. However, in 2011, we are graduating quite a bit, including our soon to be Varsity QB, and will also be breaking in many new players on defense.

I am not sandbagging. We will be good and so will Ryle. The game will be competitive. Believe me, I wish I could say that it will be over by halftime but that's just not the case anymore. :cry:

-CardinalsFan

The things bolded are based on hard work and dedication to a program. The Colerain kids were not just born superior to the Ryle kids.

You aren't serious are you. I would say why, but I would probably get in trouble. Yes they are born superior by being born more athletic.

Now, with that being said, I do give the Ryle coaches props for taking on a challenge. A monster one at that but. Even with this years HHS, yes they beat St. X, but Colerain again has a lot more, athletic players that just have a different game than say a poised team does. Good luck to Ryle.

Does this mean the powers that be out there in Union believe they will run the table over in NKY the next few years, so they went out of state to get better competition.

Edited by Ram

Elliott is a nice high school running back but he is no where near as good as Miles right now.

I have mixed emotions on these games. On one hand I am glad to see Ryle step up but on the other hand this will be stepping too far up if Colerain is able to maintain their program. In other words, getting beat a zillion to 7 doesn't help a program much.

Travis Elliot is more than a nice running back. I would really like for someone to show me another sophmore who played the schedule Ryle has and has similar stats to Travis. IMO having over 2,200 yds before your 16th birthday is flat out impressive. Especially on a team that has had a 1500 yd passer both seasons.I am not trying to take anything away from Simpson but I don't think his stats were that good after his sophmore season.

I would like go back in time a few years to 2006. Louisville Male was ranked in the top 10 nationally by max preps(before Trinity beat them in KHSAA playoffs) and have been a national ranked school with big time D-1 players for years prior also. SK was a little known football school with little or no playoff experience. In fact the only reason other schools may have heard of them is because of a basketball state championship they won in 1981. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would think that just 2 short years after SK would beat them in the state semis. Anything can happen under the lights!

As far as Ryle getting beat a zillion to 7 or getting their brains beat in. You will have to buy a ticket to see it Guru, because after your comments you will have your name taken off the pass list for that game. lol

You aren't serious are you. I would say why, but I would probably get in trouble. Yes they are born superior by being born more athletic.

Now, with that being said, I do give the Ryle coaches props for taking on a challenge. A monster one at that but. Even with this years HHS, yes they beat St. X, but Colerain again has a lot more, athletic players that just have a different game than say a poised team does. Good luck to Ryle.

Does this mean the powers that be out there in Union believe they will run the table over in NKY the next few years, so they went out of state to get better competition.

Ok, ok Tdy. We all get it. Colerain is more Athletic. But that still doesnt mean Ryle cant beat Colerain. Heck Ryle played Highlands very tight this yr and Highlands beat St X so using that barometer then Ryle ought to be able to play with Colerain. Hey, you cant beat em if you dont play em. :thumb:20n10

Edited by Ram

Ok, ok Tdy. We all get it. Colerain is more Athletic. But that still doesnt mean Ryle cant beat Colerain. Heck Ryle played Highlands very tight this yr and Highlands beat St X so using that barometer then Ryle ought to be able to play with Colerain. Hey, you cant beat em if you dont play em. :thumb:20n10

Wow!!!!!!

You are drinking something other than the Blue CoolAid......Can I have some of that!!!:lol:

Travis Elliot is more than a nice running back. I would really like for someone to show me another sophmore who played the schedule Ryle has and has similar stats to Travis. IMO having over 2,200 yds before your 16th birthday is flat out impressive. Especially on a team that has had a 1500 yd passer both seasons.I am not trying to take anything away from Simpson but I don't think his stats were that good after his sophmore season.

I would like go back in time a few years to 2006. Louisville Male was ranked in the top 10 nationally by max preps(before Trinity beat them in KHSAA playoffs) and have been a national ranked school with big time D-1 players for years prior also. SK was a little known football school with little or no playoff experience. In fact the only reason other schools may have heard of them is because of a basketball state championship they won in 1981. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would think that just 2 short years after SK would beat them in the state semis. Anything can happen under the lights!

As far as Ryle getting beat a zillion to 7 or getting their brains beat in. You will have to buy a ticket to see it Guru, because after your comments you will have your name taken off the pass list for that game. lol

Elliott was very impressive as a soph, but who know how good Miles would have been if he would have played more in the earlier part of '07.

If you think Ryle can beat Colerain with just a running game your going to be very disappointed. When you play Colerain you better have all your weapons ready and be firing on all cylinders. Both passing and running will be needed if Ryle is to pull off the upset. (JMO )

Keep in mind although very potent, Colerain has been one dimesnsional. I don't know what kind of QB they'll have in 2 years, but their ability to throw the football was almost non-existant. If Ryle has the althletes to slow up the running attack, I think Ryle can be competitive.

I'm surprised by some of the comments in regards to this. You've got a 6A school that seems to be doing all the right things to try and build a championship caliber team. You've got a Div1 powerhouse that has fallen from it's elite status. You've got a matchup that's another 2 years down the road where the 6A school seems to have more answers at this point than the Div1 school from across the way. I think it's a good move on Ryle's part. 5 or 6 years ago, I'd probably agree that it was a bad move. However, with the state of both programs, I just can't see many, if any, negatives. If I recall, a few years back, CovCath was being praised for scheduling the likes of Moeller and St. X as it would prepare them for the playoffs. Ryle makes a similar move, and all of a sudden, it's a bad thing.

I'm surprised by some of the comments in regards to this. You've got a 6A school that seems to be doing all the right things to try and build a championship caliber team. You've got a Div1 powerhouse that has fallen from it's elite status. You've got a matchup that's another 2 years down the road where the 6A school seems to have more answers at this point than the Div1 school from across the way. I think it's a good move on Ryle's part. 5 or 6 years ago, I'd probably agree that it was a bad move. However, with the state of both programs, I just can't see many, if any, negatives. If I recall, a few years back, CovCath was being praised for scheduling the likes of Moeller and St. X as it would prepare them for the playoffs. Ryle makes a similar move, and all of a sudden, it's a bad thing.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Spot on.