LeBron, Bronny, and Breadcrumbs

I am fascinated with what will unfold this off-season. For several years the hype machine of LeBron, Inc., the media, etc. were promoting Bronny as a future NBA talent. Those in the know always saw him as a fringe NBA talent and this season has somewhat bared that out. He did have the unfortunate cardiac incident before the season, so I am not sure how that impacted his play, but Bronny is currently a backup guard averaging under six points on a below .500 USC team. LeBron has let it be known he wants to share the court with his son and being the freak he is, LeBron is playing at a high enough level to continue on with this for several more years. It would be kind of cool, can't lie.

LeBron is notorious for laying breadcrumbs, generally in passive aggressive statements or social media posts. I can't imagine it is the best for boosting team morale, but that is for another thread. The question is, how do you see this unfolding? Will a team take a second-round flyer on Bronny to secure LeBron's services? I do not find it coincidental a few days after the trade deadline, a report came out the Warriors and Lakers were in talks about securing a trade deal for his services. I am not sure why the Lakers or Warriors would leak that, but I can see why LeBron would have. (To clarify, trades of high-powered players operate through agents, not teams. LeBron nixed this deal and would have been in the know about it). Was this a symbolic threat to the Lakers - who I do not think he wants to leave - to secure Bronny, or else???

You do see teams take on last roster spots for symbolic reasons. Giannis's brother, Udonis Haslem, etc., but it ain't commonplace.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

The sooner LeBron retires, the better.

LeBron's great for the NBA and will hate to see him go. He is not my cup of tea but he is polarizing, which is what you want.

And for the record, I am going strictly conspiracy theory with my thinking. Bill Simmons believes it was a play by the Lakers to mess with Golden State's chemistry since they are starting to turn things around.

12 minutes ago, bugatti said:

LeBron's great for the NBA and will hate to see him go. He is not my cup of tea but he is polarizing, which is what you want.

And for the record, I am going strictly conspiracy theory with my thinking. Bill Simmons believes it was a play by the Lakers to mess with Golden State's chemistry since they are starting to turn things around.

I know he is great and I like watching him play.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Take away the name and just look at the stats and I'm not sure you find the fringe.  Maybe a bunker or water hazard, but not the fringe.

If we are going on pure stats and productivity, Bronny would be on the practice simulator with the local golf pro.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is a conspiracy theory. Bronny tanks in the combine to eliminate any chance he is drafted, then signs as free agent with the Lakers.

1. He doesn’t have to tank.  The Lakers have said they will draft him.  

2.  He had the second highest score in the three point shooting drill yesterday.  

• Thanks 1

As a Lakers fan I want LeBron off the team because I am ready to move on from the LeBron circus.  Adding Bronny to the Lakers just adds to the circus.  

I do love what LeBron is doing for Bronny and I hope they achieve their dreams as a family and get to play together for a couple of years.  It would be beautiful to see. 

Just take that mess to Cleveland if you don’t mind………😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

1. He doesn’t have to tank.  The Lakers have said they will draft him.  

2.  He had the second highest score in the three point shooting drill yesterday.  

I was watching clips of him in the shooting drill. It is a casual jog from spot to spot on a basketball court against air. I'm not going to get too excited considering he shot 26.7% in college and was a 67.6% FT shooter. That's bad.

Just now, bugatti said:

I was watching clips of him in the shooting drill. It is a casual jog from spot to spot on a basketball court against air. I'm not going to get too excited considering he shot 26.7% in college and was a 67.6% FT shooter. That's bad.

He was known as a shooter in high school so there is some hope that he has found his stroke again.  I’ll give him a pass on his college season because of his health issues last year.  He never seemed like his old self.  Could have been the environment.  

I do hope he succeeds in the NBA and proves the naysayers wrong.  I just hope it doesn’t happen in LA.  😂😂

On 5/14/2024 at 6:50 AM, PurplePride92 said:

As a Lakers fan I want LeBron off the team because I am ready to move on from the LeBron circus.  Adding Bronny to the Lakers just adds to the circus.  

I do love what LeBron is doing for Bronny and I hope they achieve their dreams as a family and get to play together for a couple of years.  It would be beautiful to see. 

Just take that mess to Cleveland if you don’t mind………😂😂😂😂

The LeBron circus was in full force the last week. From him being court side at a Cavs’ game, showing up in person at the combine, then a video crew with boom mics focused on LeBron as he coaches Bryce’s team. Dude loves the limelight. Not sure about his kids, but he is eating it up. Can’t wait until the Lakers hire his podcast partner.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:29 AM, PurplePride92 said:

I do hope he succeeds in the NBA and proves the naysayers wrong.  I just hope it doesn’t happen in LA.  😂😂

The whole family seems like good people, even as annoying as LeBron can be. If for no other reason, that’s enough to hope the kid succeeds.