LeBron, Bronny, and Breadcrumbs

On 5/13/2024 at 12:41 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Here is a conspiracy theory. Bronny tanks in the combine to eliminate any chance he is drafted, then signs as free agent with the Lakers.

Is that what he was doing at USC as well?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Sure. He probably didn't really have a cardiac incident either. "They" faked it all.

I don't think anyone insinuated such a thing. But he's not intentionally performing bad at the combine. He's just doing what was expected when he announced he was entering the NBA draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I don't think anyone insinuated such a thing. But he's not intentionally performing bad at the combine. He's just doing what was expected when he announced he was entering the NBA draft. 

It's a bit of a joke, and a comment on how there is a conspiracy theory for everything. I believe there was a post talking about some conspiracy theory that started me down this path.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Bronny is staying in the draft and his team has announced he will only work out for the Lakers and Suns.

Durant, Booker, James, James?

25 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Durant, Booker, James, James?

Is that enough help for LeBron? It'd be great if he ends up with his son, and 8 weeks into the season with the Lakers (or Suns) and LeBron starts passive-aggressively subtweeting about the lack of talent surrounding him because his team is 13-15.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Is that enough help for LeBron? It'd be great if he ends up with his son, and 8 weeks into the season with the Lakers (or Suns) and LeBron starts passive-aggressively subtweeting about the lack of talent surrounding him because his team is 13-15.

It's never enough.

In fact, LeBron will stoop to an all-time low when he blames his son for the inevitable shortcomings. 

• Haha 1

If Bronny is drafted by the Lakers and plays with his dad, God bless them. That's pretty cool. But I do crack up at the flagrant disregard for NBA talent some of these people have. I can't remember who it was, but someone last week was saying that Bronny is just as good as the lesser players on team benches (i.e. the 14th guy on a roster). Let's take the Wolves, for example. Luka Garza got picked up to be on the full-time roster just before the playoffs began. Dude averaged 24 and 9 and was the Naismith Player of the Year in college, and Bronny is just as good as him? And people love to cite Giannis's brother. His brother played professionally in Greece, bounced around NBA teams, and was on their national team. I am not saying he isn't on the Bucks' roster because of nepotism, but it is disrespectful to say Bronny is on his level.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bugatti said:

If Bronny is drafted by the Lakers and plays with his dad, God bless them. That's pretty cool. But I do crack up at the flagrant disregard for NBA talent some of these people have. I can't remember who it was, but someone last week was saying that Bronny is just as good as the lesser players on team benches (I.e. the 14th guy on a roster). Let's take the Wolves, for example. Luka Garza got picked up to be on the full-time roster just before the playoffs began. Dude averaged 24 and 9 and was the Naismith Player of the Year in college, and Bronny is just as good as him? And people love to cite Giannis's brother. His brother played professionally in Greece, bounced around NBA teams, and was on their national team. I am not saying he isn't on the Bucks' roster because of nepotism, but it is disrespectful to say Bronny is on his level.

Let me be the first to get in line and be disrespectful because I would absolutely take Bronny over Thanasis 8 days a week.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

Let me be the first to get in line and be disrespectful because I would absolutely take Bronny over Thanasis 8 days a week.  

stop it.gif

• Haha 1