2024 Bullitt East Chargers

2023 Outcome 

Record: 9-3

The Chargers followed up their 1st state title in school history with a solid 9-3 season with a 2nd round playoff exit.

🎓 Jack Zwernemann (QB/DB) |  Bryce Elder (DB) | Kayden Jenkins (OL/DL) | Gabe Henderson (LB) | Tyler Spaulding (WR/DB) | Isaiah Hare (DL)

🔙 Ryan Rayhill (LB/TE) | Brady Cornell (LB) | Mikey West (RB) | Cayden Cowan (WR/DB) | Caden Bostock (WR/DB) | Baron Hardesty (DL) | Teagan Heilman (OL) | Landon Alvey (OL) | Jacob Clancy (DB)

🔗Bullitt East 2023 Statistical Leaders - https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb23/89748?I'd=stats_89748_0

2024 Outlook

The Chargers will be in a familiar position as this year with having to replace a larger portion of their offense with the graduation of do-it-all QB Jack Zwernemann.  The positive is the Chargers have their top 2 RBs back, 2 of their top 3 receivers, as well as all as 4 of 5 starters on the OL.  Look for either JR Cole Cornell or SO Garrett Stickdorn to be the signal caller next year.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Chargers will have to replace five starters.  The positive is that three of those starters missed substantial time last year, so there was plenty of varsity reps for the young backups.  The Charger defense should be led by SR Ryan Rayhill at LB and JR Baron Hardesty at DE.  SR Jacob Clancy should anchor the secondary.

Look for the Chargers to have another solid year and contend for a district title with another top 10 6A ranking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They need to “toughen up” this schedule. No way you can be ready for FD, X, Trinity, etc in 6A playoffs by loading up on PRP, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, etc. Yes, I know there was 2022, but that was lightning in the bottle. 

4 minutes ago, MBKT said:

They need to “toughen up” this schedule. No way you can be ready for FD, X, Trinity, etc in 6A playoffs by loading up on PRP, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, etc. Yes, I know there was 2022, but that was lightning in the bottle. 

Yes it was!

1 hour ago, MBKT said:

This is where Bullitt East is stuck in some regards.  They are locked into playing North Bullitt & Bullitt Central per the school district.  I think once this 2 year contract period ends after this year, you will see BE schedule some more difficult games in their 5 optional games.

• Like 1