Everything posted by HHS
-
Highlands Austin Sheehan offered Preferred Walk on by...
Ditto.....
-
Mike Listerman Steps Down at Covington Catholic
I have called Mike Listerman "coach" since the 70's. Had the pleasure of playing for coach in youth knothole, freshman and JV basketball (St. Thomas) and varsity basketball (Highlands). Would have loved for my sons to have played for him. I respect him as a coach, father and a man. Coach, I hope you are in good health! Enjoy your family, friends and retirement from coaching. You have had a positive impact on many young lives. You will be missed!
-
Patrick Towles
Wasn't there a Blair Kiel that played at Notre Dame, any relation?
-
Highlands Officially Gets Its 2004 Wins Back
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
-
Highlands/Boone County Predictions
The "baby birds" played Cooper last night (50-0). I was suprised at the poor the field condition! I was expecting a new turf field.
-
Trinity 49 Highlands 42 (Scrimmage)
Harris scored the first td, Hergott the second
-
Trinity 49 Highlands 42 (Scrimmage)
I believe Hergott(19) ran the draw to score. Each team ran approx. 20 plays. Highlands moved the ball on the ground. 2(tds) Trinity scored both times in the air. The last play of the scrimmage to the 6'5 kid. I was told later that Trinity did not bring there frosh. the travel for a 20 min scrimmage, wasn't worth it. HHS frosh played Trinitys, JV, whic was probably their B team.
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
I have heard the scrimmage may not start until 9 or 9:30.
-
NKY Freshman Football
Their line right now is average height is 6 foot which is huge they might have the biggest line ever to come out with them the running and passing game will be unstoppable with Harris and Wrobleski in the back and Buten Hergott and Green at wide out with Nick True at TE.
-
NKY Freshman Football
I've heard that Buten Hergott and Green have been doing a great job at wr during freshman practices right now at HHS. Who do you think will be the starters and their future outlook?
-
Cam Dierig to Mount St. Joseph
Congrats Cam to you for all your hard work and your wonderful parents!!!
-
NKY Freshman Football
This year I believe was Drew's first year at QB. He is somewhat undecided if he wants to play QB. He did a very nice job.
-
Newport Central Catholic 68 Highlands 48
If I'm not mistaken Shields did one of his best coaching jobs with the 79-80 team. I believe they lost in the regional final or sem-final.
-
NKY Freshman Football
By question mark I mean no clear cut candidate. In the 09 class Bardo played QB from third grade through-out. Corey Dill also played some as a Freshman. The 07 class had Cecil and Draper who played QB all years of FTJFL. There hasn't been someone who has started every year at QB, having lots of experience, that you say "that's our guy" for what it's worth going into Freshman ball, that I'm aware of. There are several candidates, depending on who decides to come and who wants to play QB.
-
NKY Freshman Football
To my knowledge there are 2 kids from Ft. Thomas who played for the Red Devils; Hergott, and Wrobleski. Scweitzer lives in the county and played as an 8th grader on the freshman team (defensive lineman award). They have indicated Harris, who was the RD's MVP, is very interested in coming to Highlands. This class should be "special" similiar to the 07 and 09 classes. I don't recall 2 8th grade players (due to size) playing up on the Freshman team and being valuable contributors in the years I've been around HHS. They will both be playing Freshman this year (True and Schweitzer). If everyone comes out this class will rival or have more size than any HHS team. As usual plenty of athletes. QB could be the biggest question mark.
-
Highlands will scrimmage Trinity in 2010
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Highlands had the ball around Males 35-40 yard line. It was very early in the scrimmage, (2nd series?) Josh ran off tackle first play to the endzone for the score and someone rolled up on his leg. Male's defense had no answer for him.
-
Highlands will scrimmage Trinity in 2010
Add the 2007 team. On the schedule was Trotwood (Ohio power) at Nippert. Kentucky state champs LexCath and Louisville Central and a very good Madison Central team in 07. Also scrimmaged state champ Beechwood and Male.
-
Miles Simpson has committed to UK
WOW!!! Congrats to Miles and the Wildcats. Looking forward to watching him play for the "Big Blue".
-
Conner 68 Highlands 55
Right on!!! Grubbs had a very big regional tournament last year his absence could be a big factor. However, Stewart has been a pleasant surprise. This group has been there. They maybe in a mid-season slump. I believe they will be re-energized come tournament time.
-
Top 5 Players in N KY:
Some very solid players on your list. But one of the most solid performers this year has been Ben Watson of Highlands. I haven't seen the stats but I wouldn't be suprised if he's close to averaging a double/double. Also he's been very consistant at the free throw line. He should definetly be in the top 10 based on performance to date.
-
Cameron Dierig of Highlands receiving Anthony Munoz Award
Congatulations Cam. All your hard work and dedication paid off for a terrific senior year. Your a role model for future HHS players!!!
-
Will Bardo of Highlands receives offer from Air Force Academy
Congrats on your offer Will!!!
-
Ryle signs contract to play Colerain, OH in 2011 and 2012
Keep in mind although very potent, Colerain has been one dimesnsional. I don't know what kind of QB they'll have in 2 years, but their ability to throw the football was almost non-existant. If Ryle has the althletes to slow up the running attack, I think Ryle can be competitive.
-
Brandon Roller recieves offer
Congrats on the offer Brandon. When the time is right I'm sure you will make the choice that best fits you!!
-
Highlands 58 Newport Central Catholic 44
Giesler sat out the 2nd quarter with 2 fouls after an 11 point 1st qtr lead mainly with Pangallo playing lights out. I believe it was the Scmidt kid who was injured, NCC's other strong forward. With Giesler and Schmidt out the "bruis brothers" Watson and Grubbs went to work. Highlands was ahead by 3 at the half. Giesler played the 2nd half, Grubbs was able to force him at times out of his comfort zone, causing off balanced shots. Highlands was deeper, and more physical on both ends of the floor. The Newport game had to have an effect in the 2nd half especially for Grant who plays at such a high energy level. Solid win for the Birds, if healthy I truely expect the Birds to win the Region. Their depth, size and EXPERIENCE will be big factors come tourney time. Getting out of our district could be the biggest challenge.