Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Austin Sheehan offered Preferred Walk on by...

Featured Replies

The Ohio State University per nky.com

  • Replies 93
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What position would he play in College?

What are your thoughts on the Preferred Walk-On? I had heard Sheehan had been offered by EKU (assuming that is a full ride). Wouldn't the better decision be to take the full ride scholly vs. going to a bigger school and possibly not playing very much and being relegated to a practice dummy? I once listened to the great Derrick Mayes speak to a group of young athletes and one of the first things out of his mouth was to run as fast as you can when you get offered the Preferred Walk-On. Just wondering what everyone else here thinks about this. Curious. To me, I think it's an easy decision when you have to choose between the two. With the cost of higher education being where it is and expected to double over the next 10 years, it's a no brainer.

This kid is too good to be a preferred walk on at any college. All these PWO offers are colleges trying to get good talent without paying the price. Averaged almost 40 yards per catch his senior season ,I don't know if Randy Moss had those kind of stats in HS.

This kid is too good to be a preferred walk on at any college. All these PWO offers are colleges trying to get good talent without paying the price. Averaged almost 40 yards per catch his senior season ,I don't know if Randy Moss had those kind of stats in HS.

 

Agreed. They need to make the commitment to Sheehan and show him the love he deserves.

If he was going to be a preferred walk on, I would think he'd stick with UK. Otherwise, take the full ride from EKU.

Assuming it is a full scholarship to EKU. I was told if was not full but do not know for sure.

I've heard the same thing regarding a full ride.

  • Author

I say it depends on your financial situation if you can afford to pay to go to a big time school and play against the best then why not? Who knows he could earn a scholly while hes there? On the other hand take the scholarship offer and get a free education. Lets not forget scholarships are nit guaranteed for all four years.

Assuming it is a full scholarship to EKU. I was told if was not full but do not know for sure.

 

My guess is it was a partial offer.

I had made the assumption that the EKU offer was a full ride.

Which ever school he chooses is gonna get an excellent football player that also brings intangibles like work ethic, smarts, great family, character, and he might be the nicest kid I've ever met! I am a huge Sheehan fan and his new team will too! Guaranteed

I don't understand. He is not getting a full ride from EKU and some on here what Ohio State to show him 'love' and give him a scholarship. Wow! There is a slight difference between the two schools. He should probably go where he's going to get some money.

I don't understand. He is not getting a full ride from EKU and some on here what Ohio State to show him 'love' and give him a scholarship. Wow! There is a slight difference between the two schools. He should probably go where he's going to get some money.

 

Where did I say anything about OSU giving him some love? I never mentioned any schools. I was just saying I think he's worthy of a full ride somewhere vs. a PWO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.