Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 68 Highlands 55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....Conner has been playing well lately, but very surprised by this score.

 

Without seeing the box score, I'm going to say Hodges and Robinson both played well?

Wow....Conner has been playing well lately, but very surprised by this score.

 

Without seeing the box score, I'm going to say Hodges and Robinson both played well?

 

I would also venture to say that T. Lang also shot it well. I think Conner could win the 9th. The Holmes game should be a good measuring stick. Typical J. Hicks coached team.

I can't figure Highlands out. One night they look like they could easily win the region, then the next they look like a one and done. Now they lost to a good Conner team, but does anyone who has followed the 'Birds closely think they have shown to be a little inconsistent?

I can't figure Highlands out. One night they look like they could easily win the region, then the next they look like a one and done. Now they lost to a good Conner team, but does anyone who has followed the 'Birds closely think they have shown to be a little inconsistent?

 

Something you wouldn't expect out of senior laden team, with tons of varsity experience.

I havent seen Gordon in the scoring column most of the year. Has he just stopped shooting the ball? Dill didnt score in this game either. He is normally good for 6-8 pts also. They did make 5 three pointers according to the boxscore.

 

Kowolonek had 13, Smith Keller 13 also I believe.

maybe it comes down to what is coaching:

Conner is a good team and are capable of beating any team in the region but Highlands still seems to have those nights where they don't play well. I know Grubbs hasn't been available a lot this year but think they miss his physical play inside.

Conner 68, Highlands 55

 

Highlands (10-7) - Lother 4 0 9, Grote 2 0 5, Kowoloneck 5 2 13, Smith-Keller 2 0 6, Watson 4 3 11, Stewart 5 1 11. Totals 22 6 55.

 

Conner (12-9) - Lang 7 5 22, Stephens 2 1 5, Miller 1 0 2, Liechty 3 0 6, Flesch 2 8 12, Robinson 7 1 15, Hodges 2 2 6. Totals 24 17 68.

 

 

Highlands 13 8 17 17 -55

Conner 17 13 20 18 -68

 

3-pointers: H 5 (Smith-Keller 2, Lother, Grote Kowolonek); C 3 (Lang 2).

Conners Freshman team has been playing well also! Could it be something in the water out in Hebron?

Edited by rememberthetitans
grammer

I guess I'm not so much surprised by the outcome of this individual game as I am by the overall season for the Birds. Conner has proven that they can play with anyone in the region. Good luck to the Cougars the rest of the way.

 

The Birds currently have a record (10-7) just 3 games over .500 . They have a few quality wins and a few terrible losses. This is a team that returned all 8 players that played 100% of the minutes on a regional contending team last season. They added Stewart to the mix after a year of growth and development. The team has the size, muscle, athleticism, and experience to be much better than they are showing. Yes, I know they have had some injuries and they haven't had all the pieces in place at any one point in the season, Yes, I know Grubbs is now out for the season. Yes, I know they are adjusting to a new coach. All those points taken into consideration, this team should be experiencing more success.

 

The time to put it all together is now. There are 7 experienced seniors that need to find that cohesion that they have had for the last several years. The parents, players, and the entire fan base have high expectations based on previous years results. I am still waiting to see the high level of play I expected to see coming into the season. Hopefully it will come in the next 6 weeks.

Not to high jack, but I would be curious to know how many people were at this game. Clyde started a thread on attendance, and this game is another example of why fan attendance is down. I believed they tipped around 3:30/4:00 on a Saturday afternoon opposite a UK game. Why in the world would this game be played on a Saturday afternoon? This game would have drawn a great crowd on a Friday night.

I can't figure Highlands out. One night they look like they could easily win the region, then the next they look like a one and done. Now they lost to a good Conner team, but does anyone who has followed the 'Birds closely think they have shown to be a little inconsistent?

 

From what I have heard... Grubbs is out for the season (foot), Grote just got back from an injury (back), and Kowolonek has bad knees (which is unconfirmed on my side).

 

I attended this game to see what Highlands would bring to the table, and quite honestly, they didnt show much. Inconsistent shooters, not great with penetration and finishing when they did get inside, and were playing off of the shooters for Conner. Highlands inside game looked solid with Watson and Stewart (the junior who is coming into his own on this senior-heavy team), good for him.

 

For Conner, Robinson and Lang did play well. Hodges also had about 6 points, but was a force defensively. This being said, Flesch is clearly the floor general. He makes the offense go. I think he may have gotten 45 seconds of game-time rest (if that). And, he is just able to completely take the other teams PG out of the game (I have seen him frustrate gabbard, mcleish, and now lother). Lang was knocking shots down from everywhere yesterday afternoon. The young man can pull it. Robinson was strong inside and has a nice move under the basket to get points. Conner is well-rounded and seems poised to make a run.

Not to high jack, but I would be curious to know how many people were at this game. Clyde started a thread on attendance, and this game is another example of why fan attendance is down. I believed they tipped around 3:30/4:00 on a Saturday afternoon opposite a UK game. Why in the world would this game be played on a Saturday afternoon? This game would have drawn a great crowd on a Friday night.

 

Attendance was very low. Nothing compared to a natural Friday night game. Or, even a Saturday night game. It was almost uncomfortably quiet at times. Thank the band!

I had no clue the game was even being played and I have a son on the Freshman team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.