Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 49 Highlands 42 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Great battle of two titanic offenses...

 

...and two defenses that looked like the Titanic. J/K :cool:

  • Replies 135
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of fun out there tonight if you don't care about defense. I don't know enough nuances of the game to say if I was seeing two great offenses or two poor defenses. I will tell you that there were a LOT of athletes on that field tonight but you would expect that with 38 state championships out there. T fans are going to have a lot of fun watching number 17 this year.

Great battle of two titanic offenses...

 

...and two defenses that looked like the Titanic. J/K :cool:

 

When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?

When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?

Male dropped 68 (!!!) on Highlands in a preseason scrimmage back in 2006. HHS scored 52 in that contest.

  • Author
When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?
When did we play Male? :cool:
When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?

 

Rockcastle County whipped Highlands 45 to 6 in the playoffs on November 29, 2002. State semi's . Running clock was in effect against the Bluebirds.

When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?

 

When was the last time someone hung 42 on the Rocks, scrimmage or not?

 

Elder, maybe?

 

These two offenses are going o be a lot of fun to watch this year. Can't wait to travel to the Ville to see the Rocks in person and see the Birds against Ryle.

The Birds ability to tackle leaves a little to be desired. But they will correct that. Good luck to both teams during the season.

Congratulations to Trinity... you came all the way up to Ft. Thomas and never trailed Highlands in the game... impressive. From what I got from the game updates thread, the better team won tonight.

 

Hopefully there were no significant injuries tonight. Also, I hope that Highlands is able to take away some valuable lessons from this scrimmage, in order to better themselves for the season/postseason.

 

From what I read on BGP, it sure sounded like both teams played their first-string players a whole lot in the game, and both teams did everything they could to win the game. I suspect both T and HHS will have played 11 "regular-season" games when it's all said and done in 2010!

 

And one more thing: hopefully we Highlands fans can get past all the talk about this HHS squad picking up right where last year's squad left off, and the talk about HHS being the best team in all of KY or deserving of high national rankings this year and focus instead on supporting THIS YEAR'S TEAM through its ups and downs. Some knowledgeable HHS fans have been saying for the past few weeks that HHS will go through some growing pains this year, and the scrimmage loss seems to prove this. We HHS fans need to support this team in its drive toward its most important goal - winning the Class 5A state title (and thankfully, HHS will not have to go through Trinity to accomplish this!). Go 'Birds!

I'll say it again. Highlands will finish this year 15 + 0.

I don't know about 15-0, but I think they'll be around making noise deep into the playoffs. The Birds looked a bit ragged tonight, but games like this are entirely for the benefit of the coaching staff, and I'm sure they noted an area or two that needs work in the next seven days, and coming weeks for that matter. The fact that a scrimmage drew a crowd much like a regular season game says a lot about the two programs. I drove up around 6:30, found a place on the street across from the middle school, and was in the stadium 60 seconds later. I've NEVER done that before in the 30+ years that I've been coming to Highlands games. It was my first clue that the pre-game crowd estimates were going to be a bit off. Trinity brought a pretty respectable crowd considering that it was a scrimmage, but I think a lot of Ft. Thomas didn't take it seriously. Whatever the case, it was GREAT to see football again on Friday night. Can't wait until next week.

I had made the comment a couple weeks back that if Highlands won this thing I would have t-shirts made... sadly enough, I went ahead and designed it on CustomInk. If the 'Birds had come out on top, I was all set to fill in the final score and have two made... one for me, and the other one mailed to Coach Mueller (the design looked pretty fab, I must say!!). But alas, it wasn't meant to be...

All I have to say is that #17 for Trinity was by far the best player on the field tonight. WOW!!! I noticed that HHS substituted a lot tonight and Trinity didn't do a whole lot of substituting? The Rocks had a ton of kids that didn't even come close to sniffing the field..I just thought that was a little strange with having so many kids..It definately was a shootout..Towles has gotten a ton better since last year. He is going to have a nice year no doubt. Compton for the Birds ran the ball really well and showed that he has break away speed when he gets in the open field. I was impressed by both offenses. The defenses have some work to do for sure..

#17 for The Rocks is James Quick and I spoke of him a lot in the pre-game thread. I have seen that kid on the basketball court over the past 3 yrs but only saw clips of him on the football field. I dont need to see anymore of him to know he will be a future Mr. Football candidate. He is only a sophomore and clearly the best athlete on the field tonight.

 

I was impressed with Towles and his ability to throw the long ball as well as Cory Compton and his explosiveness. Daniel Gold is a burner and Ozzie Sheehan got behind the Rock defense a lot. They will put a lot of points on the board but the defense needs a lot of work. They were missing Bruns tonight at Corner and it showed with several missed tackles in that position. Good experience for a few kids that are sophomores to be on the field on the defensive side of the ball and even though they gave up 49, I believe 35 was in the first half and only 14 in the 2nd half.

 

I kept waiting for Brandon Roller to emerge from the pile or Colin Rosenhagen but that was last year and this year's defense will be fine they just faced an unbelievable talent in QUICK and the QB for the Rocks was very good as well.

 

Not a bad outing also by the offensive line. They gave Towles ample time most of the night and opened some holes for Compton.

When was the last time somebody hung 49 on the Birds , scrimmage or not ?

 

Amen, brother. All those folks thinking this team is anything like last year better retrain themselves. Highlands is an awesome football team, but please avoid 2009 comparisons......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.