Everything posted by History
-
Chip Gregg out at Holy Cross?
You can be for the kids all day long. Who is against the kids? Not Meeks, not Gregg, not the football coach or baseball coach or AD-so I don't understand that point. What is true is that bringing in Gregg was handled poorly, and his departure as well. I know many AD's and I do not consider HC's "strong". Why do you???
-
Chip Gregg out at Holy Cross?
And the "football" coach used to be an assistant on the softball staff. I think Lee Meeks is a good coach and a better man. Chip Gregg is a good coach too. To say this is not an administrative issue is laughable. A weak AD in place when they have others that coach other sports there that have been good AD's, and an alum that is now the AD at NCC. A good, strong athletic director is a huge component of athletic success at a school. A weak one finds the coaching carousel going round and round, and the regional appearances non-existent.
-
Johnson Central 48 Franklin-Simpson 0 - 4A State Championship
Best fans too over the weekend! Congrats Johnson Central!
-
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship
That game will be remembered for the penalties, many properly called and then a coach has to control his team. You can pretend all you want about this and that, but the lack of sportsmanship and the end of the game fiasco is what will be remembered, and that is the shame of it.
-
Finals Weather Forecast
Thanks NWO!
-
Scott County at Lafayette Class 6A Semifinal
He is always warned and never flagged. Part of the problem. Guess they figure how e will cause trouble with the state.
-
Lack of Success Trivia
Great thread!!
-
Scott County at Lafayette Class 6A Semifinal
Go Lafayette. See if SC coach gets penalized for being on the field?????
-
Brian Taylor - Kentucky High School Official
Brian is awesome as an official and a better person. Congratulations!!!!
-
Campbell County Alex Franzen Commits
Good luck Alex!
-
Open Job: Notre Dame Academy
Mia will do a great job. I think she is a talented coach. Have to hand it to buzzard22 for naming her early. Good Luck Pandas.
-
Mount Rushmore of Kentucky H.S. Basketball
Give me Alan Houston. Better than Farmer then, better than Farmer now.
-
Covington Latin 2016/2017
Their coach works very hard and though I believe because of their age they are at a major disadvantage, I never have heard him complain about that.
-
NKY Umpires Association All Star games Thank You's
Very nice night of softball!!
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Umpires Association Jr./Sr. All-Star games
I think the Ladanyi(sp) girl for Notre Dame is a very good and underrated player.
-
State of umpiring in KY
How are the umpires that work down state decided??
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Umpires Association Jr./Sr. All-Star games
Always a fun event for a good cause. Great work all!!
-
Campbell County 9 George Rogers Clark 3 (10th Region Semifinals)
Congrats Camels!!
-
Post Season Predictions
Highlands the 9th Region
-
Highlands/Ryle (9th Region Finals) updates
Congrats to Highlands, and to the Lady Raiders on a fine season.
-
Saban: Football "is the only sport where the high school coach still matters"
Exactly! Way to call him out Coach Harbaugh!
-
East Carter Pitcher Montana Fouts Wins Gatorade Player of the Year in Kentucky
Very nice!
-
Highlands 7 Beechwood 1 (9th Region Championship)
I think both. We have seen this in other sports that winning an "A" state title is very nice, but rarely do those teams come back and win the region. I bet Beechwood players and coaches would give up those "A" state crowns to have a chance to play down state now. Also-not with regards to you-the Midland stuff is so overrated. Midland selects the best players (usually at younger ages) who can pitch too. That is not and never will be a way to build a high school team. Being on Midland means you are an awesome player, but doesn't say a whiff about you being a team guy that will help your team win a state title. (I know for the Midland guys, the most important thing is getting college offers, and therein lies the rub as the goals of team and individual do not and cannot align.)
-
Highlands 7 Beechwood 1 (9th Region Championship)
Coach Mullins is a good coach and Coach B has done a great job since being named head man at Highlands. I think the "A" does take something out of the Tigers.
-
Highlands 7 Beechwood 1 (9th Region Championship)
Congrats Highlands!!