Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Birdsfan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Birdsfan

  1. He has a Physics degree. He employed string theory.
  2. Brian Weinrich!! Though this isn't a surprise selection, it is a wise one, which will maintain the continuity of a winning program and a tradition built on the shoulders of all the many players who preceded him.
  3. Seeing as the school is not run by total idiots, I think you guys can stop, um..."worrying."
  4. And the award for Best Use of Color in a Post goes to.......
  5. Why wouldn't any program want to use a proven system that works? They wouldn't if they already have a proven system that is far superior. I was trying to be tactful, but that's the honest truth. I don't know whether he would try to change the system, but it stands to reason that any new coach is going to bring his own ideas and his own ways to his team. That's his right as head coach. But like I said, if it ain't broke, no need to fix it. And no, if he takes what we have here and "Boyles" it away, that would be like trying to reinvent the wheel -- maybe it works and maybe it crashes. But hiring from within maintains the continuity of not just a system, but a culture that has produced undeniable success. If you promote someone who has literally grown up immersed in that system and culture, it seems much more likely that the train will just keep on chugging down the tracks.
  6. No need to feel defensive. I mean that Boyle had/has a system and Highlands has one. I don't think the powers that be in Ft. Thomas will see any need to switch from the current one to that which Chuck Smith might bring in from Boyle County.
  7. This says it perfectly. Absolutely no offense to Chuck Smith and all that he has accomplished, but if Highlands wanted to do things the way Boyle County did them, they would go with Coach Smith in a heartbeat. The big blue engine ain't broke, so there's no need to fix it...or replace it. Prince Brian Duke of Woodfill will most certainly ascend to the throne this coming season. And all the kingdom shall rejoice and make most merry!
  8. They were absolutely 100% rivals for a few years. But let's not over-analyze the joke. :lol2:
  9. Wouldn't this be like the Redskins hiring Tom Landry?
  10. Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
  11. I have no scoop at all. Just an overactive imagination.
  12. Like everyone else who has just read your post, I'm throwing a bunch of names around in my head. But one in particular would be a real hoot if it actually happened.
  13. Welcome to BGP WarriorBird!! It's great to have you on board. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone else here. :thumb:
  14. Well, I knew at least a week before Monday morning. And that came third hand out of the FTJFL. No, they didn't know "officially," but it wasn't a surprise, I'm sure.
  15. Exactly! It's sad really. :no:
  16. Tonight, I'm probably going to have a weird dream about Dudley Hilton getting the job.
  17. I heard this almost a week ago, but brushed it off as impossible. I think all of us wanted to believe this great coach would be with us until his last breath. But that is selfish and unreasonable. He has given us enough and deserves to enjoy some peaceful time with his family. Dale is the greatest coach our team has ever known and should be mentioned among the all-time greats. More importantly, he is a wonderfully kind man and a loving grandfather. We will be less without his leadership for sure. But we will be greater for what he has done for our children, our school and our community. And we can be sure that leadership and contribution will continue until his last breath. God bless you, Coach Mueller.
  18. That little Oompa Loompa is a joke!
  19. Another mystery hold call as we get close!
  20. Lets get a score Birds!
  21. Does anyone have sound on the broadcast?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.