Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Two weeks and counting until the showdown in Ft. Thomas and it seems that, after reading some ot the posts on both sides, that there is a nervous energy of anticipation between these two squads. Are these two teams worthy of the title "rivalry"? What's at stake? Considering that this is only a scrimmage, I get the feeling that both are taking this game as much more than a tune up for the upcoming season. Something tells me that we're in for another memorable night in Ft. Thomas, Ky.....

  • Replies 184
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it is a much bigger game for Dale and Highlands. It's too bad it is not a regular season game. I think Trinity will treat it a little less then they treat the regular season match up with St. X. Nice to win but the second game is the one that counts.

You are going to see some phenomenal athletes on the field that is all I know.

It's only a scrimmage! Teams have only been in equipment a few days. Let's not read that much into it. It's a long way to the first Saturday in December.

Rocket, they will have been in equipment for 9 practices in pads, that is plenty and I am sure they both have offseason programs without pads so IMO this may not be like a late November playoff game but it will have significance to both squads.

Rocket, they will have been in equipment for 9 practices in pads, that is plenty and I am sure they both have offseason programs without pads so IMO this may not be like a late November playoff game but it will have significance to both squads.

 

Actually for two adays they can not wear pads consecutive days. So it will be more like 5 days in pads by the time of the scrimmage.

It's only a scrimmage! Teams have only been in equipment a few days. Let's not read that much into it. It's a long way to the first Saturday in December.

 

I beleive the Rocks will accord this game all of the respect it is due. I do not think they will travel all the way up there for "just a little work out." It ought to be a good one. Bring your lunch.

Are these two teams worthy of the title "rivalry"? What's at stake?

Given that these two programs have only played against each other twice (each winning one game), with the last game occurring in 2000, I don't think any real 'on-the-field' football rivalry can be said to exist between the two. I guess they are rivals in the record books, though.

 

I don't think there's much at stake. I suspect we'll hear some bragging from the winning team's supporters on BGP for about a week, until the real season begins.

 

Question: will the scrimmage be played exactly like a real game? Will there be kick-offs and punts in the scrimmage?

I still think it is a much bigger game for Dale and Highlands. It's too bad it is not a regular season game. I think Trinity will treat it a little less then they treat the regular season match up with St. X. Nice to win but the second game is the one that counts.

I'm curious to know why you think this scrimmage is a bigger game for Dale and Highlands. Is it because it's a 'home game' for the 'Birds? If it does in fact mean more to Highlands, do you expect Highlands to play harder than Trinity in the scrimmage?

It may not matter in the record books, but make no mistake about it: this scrimmage will matter to both teams. These two have been locked in a cold war of state championship supremacy for several years. The chance to actually cross swords, even if just informally, is an event to which both teams (and even more so, their fans) will be looking forward.

Seriously, if Highlands wins this thing I'm gonna have some t-shirts made to commemorate the occasion. I don't know exactly what it will say, but I can promise you it'll be dramatic... something along the lines of Highlands crushing Trinity and thus earning the title of "Best in the Bluegrass." In fact, I think I may dub this game the "Best in the Bluegrass Showdown." That has a pretty nice ring to it.

 

If HHS wins and you want one, PM me (I'm being totally serious, BTW).

These two have been locked in a cold war of state championship supremacy for several years.

Now THAT's dramatic!!!

Given that these two programs have only played against each other twice (each winning one game), with the last game occurring in 2000, I don't think any real 'on-the-field' football rivalry can be said to exist between the two. I guess they are rivals in the record books, though.

 

I don't think there's much at stake. I suspect we'll hear some bragging from the winning team's supporters on BGP for about a week, until the real season begins.

 

Question: will the scrimmage be played exactly like a real game? Will there be kick-offs and punts in the scrimmage?

 

Who says? I can assure both teams will be bringing it. Anybody that plays this down as just a scrimmage just doesnt know what they are talking about. JMO. Go Birds 20n10

You guys do realize there's only ONE scrimmage that means anything, right? Do I need to go find Mak and have him tell you about it?

Who says? I can assure both teams will be bringing it. Anybody that plays this down as just a scrimmage just doesnt know what they are talking about. JMO. Go Birds 20n10

Don't football rivals sorta have to actually play each other every now and then???

 

I never said the scrimmage didn't matter to both sides. Heck, I'm talking about having t-shirts made about it!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.