Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

  • Author
Seriously? Ok, well then I will get there early when the gates open.

 

Are you disagreeing that this is not a highly anticipated game on both sides? Funny comments aside, I'm interested in your take "swammi".

  • Replies 184
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many of you Louisvillians are coming up for this first annual edition of The I-71 Bowl? :cool:

I would love to come watch the Super Bowl of scrimmages!!! :D

However, I don't have anyone to go with you up there with me. :cry: Since I am such an introvert it would scare me to attend this game by myself. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

However, I don't have anyone to go with you up there with me.
Was that a freudian slip? :cool:

 

I know someone you could kidn...uh, invite.

I would love to come watch the Super Bowl of scrimmages!!! :D

However, I don't have anyone to go with you up there with me. :cry: Since I am such an introvert it would scare me to attend this game by myself. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

And miss out on a good tailgate!!!!

Was that a freudian slip? :cool:

 

I know someone you could kidn...uh, invite.

And I thought you might laugh at the introvert remark! :lol::lol:

 

What if she doesn't want to go with me?!!!

 

Also I want to know if Henry's having a Tailgate? Can I have field access or the primo seating everyone talks about there? Not asking for much! :lol::lol:

What if she doesn't want to go with me?!!!
Who said she gets to choose?

Of course the fact that Elder ended up winning the Ohio DI title that year instead of losing early in the playoffs will go without mention. :sssh:

You will get no argument from me about the importance of Trinity's win over Elder for KY prep football. If there has been a win that's had a more positive impact on how KY prep football is viewed at a regional/national level than Trinity's win over Elder in 2002, I am unaware of it. That year, Elder beat everyone else on its schedule and won the Ohio Division I state championship. Given how highly Ohio prep football is regarded nationally, that's a major accomplishment. Plus, the game's final score wasn't that close at all! That right there is a "win for the ages," and one that may never be repeated again (i.e., a KY team beating an Ohio team that goes on to win the Ohio Division I title that year).

 

As an interesting and related tidbit, a few years ago I was given a large binder containing a great deal of information about the Highlands football program, listed chronologically. In the section of the binder pertaining to the 2002 season, there is a copy of a newspaper write-up discussing Trinity's outstanding team that year, and highlighting that team's accomplishments and high national ranking. It is the ONLY document contained in that entire binder which discusses something totally unrelated to Highlands football. I suppose the people who compiled the binder felt it was sufficiently important and impressive to include.

 

Highlands fans had the utmost respect and admiration for the Trinity football program, I can promise you that!

Edited by jbwill2

  • Author

Alright, let's try this again. Is it possible that Highlands can still "lose" even if they win? Trinity is a very young team filled with some very gifted sophomores, but how will it reflect if the scrimmage is even close? Heaven forbid the other scenario that Highlands loses to these soph's only to have to face Dupont Manual the following week who's arguably the #2 ranked team out of the Louisville area. The more I think about this schedule the more I realize that it's alot tougher than some make it out to be. With a potential for back to back wins for the Louisville fans, they may have to break out the riot gear.....no worries.....ain't gonna happen that way.

I wonder if the Lions Club plans to have the Concession Stand open and the grill smokin' for this scrimmage? Sounds like there is an opportunity for sales to be made given the anticipated attendance.

 

Excellent point, treat it like a Regular season game and raise some money for a great cause. Stock up at Sams !!

Excellent point, treat it like a Regular season game and raise some money for a great cause. Stock up at Sams !!

 

In the past, I know the Baseball team staffed and worked the concessions for drinks and pizza anyway. Probably will see something like that again I would think. Not a full concession though.

Does anyone know if the scrimmage will be played with standard rules of football (ie. 4, 12 min. quarters, first downs, PATS, score kept) or will it be the 10 offensive plays per side format?

And miss out on a good tailgate!!!!

 

I'm still trying to explain to my wife why I NEED to drive 3 1/2 hours to watch a high school football scrimmage. She's not buying that I have an itch for Highlands football and Dixie chili that can't be scratched here in Western KY. Guess she gets to start Friday nights alone one week early.

Oh yeah, I miss and love Dixie Chili. I will be stopping there.

Does anyone know if the scrimmage will be played with standard rules of football (ie. 4, 12 min. quarters, first downs, PATS, score kept) or will it be the 10 offensive plays per side format?

 

It's my understanding that it will be played under a regular-game format, just like the Highlands-Male scrimmages have been in the recent past.

Alright' date=' let's try this again. Is it possible that Highlands can still "lose" even if they win? Trinity is a very young team filled with some very gifted sophomores, but how will it reflect if the scrimmage is even close? Heaven forbid the other scenario that Highlands loses to these soph's only to have to face Dupont Manual the following week who's arguably the #2 ranked team out of the Louisville area. The more I think about this schedule the more I realize that it's alot tougher than some make it out to be. With a potential for back to back wins for the Louisville fans, they may have to break out the riot gear.....no worries.....ain't gonna happen that way.[/quote']

 

Manual is #3 at best.

 

1) St.X

2) Trinity

3) Manual

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.