I haven't been able to be on BGP much because of work. I have to admit I didn't want to read BGP this week because I knew I would see this thread. I knew it would then make me realize that our Birdsfan is really gone from this earth.
I am going to post some random thoughts as I know Dave is looking down from heaven laughing at me (he had told me many times that he got a kick out of my random thoughts/posts.) So here's to you Dave/Birdsfan!
- I met Dave on here almost 10 years ago. As many of eloquently posted Dave was and still is one of a kind!!
- I met Dave couple times in the past when Rockmom and me made trips to the NKY. Dave was even more awesome in person. He was kind, caring, funny and so whitty!
- I remember early on Birdsfan and Rockmom would review some of my posts to make sure I sounded/posted like a guy. We had so many laughs from this.
- I loved Dave's ability to tell a story! He spoke in a way that you felt like you were right there with him.
- I loved giving him crap about almost running over my son with his wheelchair (scooter) at a football game.
- I loved that he appreciated my need to use the word "crap" and my obsession with tasers.
- I love that every time I see a squirrel now, I think of Dave.
- I loved his passion for life, people and trying to always be the best he could be.
Like others have stated in this thread Dave also helped me through some very rough times. Especially three years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer. He would send cards, texts and calls to show his support. He like several others of you on here were amazing. I only hope that it is known how much that was appreciated!!
I know our friend is in peace and a much better place but Dave you will be missed!! Thank you for allowing me to be your friend!!! Rest in peace!
Most importantly...I want to give many thoughts and prayers to his family and dear friends. I am so sorry for your loss!