Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seventh Region Semi-Finals Are Set

Featured Replies

Action in the Seventh Region tournament moves to Valley High School Friday night for semi-final action. It should be a fun night. The match-ups:

 

Ballard v. Central

 

As expected, Coach Doug Bibby has done a great job with the Central Yellow Jackets this year, claiming the no. 1 seed in the 25th district, winning the 25th district tournament, and beating Seneca 72-70 in the opening round of the Seventh Region tournament. Their reward: a semi-final match-up with the Ballard Bruins.

 

Ballard beat the youthful Male Bulldogs 83-67 in the opening round, although the game was tied 52-52 before Ballard outscored Male 31-15 the rest of the way.

 

Ballard and Central played on February 16, with Ballard winning 70-60. Ballard Coach Chris Renner expressed some frustration after that game with the Bruins' effort. Central will play hard and to the final buzzer, but I expect the Bruins' effort to be fine this time and the difference in talent will result in Ballard prevailing again.

 

Trinity v. St. Xavier

 

Led by Jay Scrubb, who had 21 points in the first half, Trinity easily moved past Eastern 64-27 in the opening round. Trinity's averaging winning margin in its three post-season games this year is 31.

 

St. X moved past Manual 56-49 in the opening round, its 20th win of the season. The Tigers have won 9 of their last 10 games.

 

Trinity beat St. X 70-60 when they played on February 16. St. X is a really nice team that has had another great season, but Trinity's talent is overwhelming. I expect Trinity to win this one.

Action in the Seventh Region tournament moves to Valley High School Friday night for semi-final action. It should be a fun night. The match-ups:

 

Ballard v. Central

 

As expected, Coach Doug Bibby has done a great job with the Central Yellow Jackets this year, claiming the no. 1 seed in the 25th district, winning the 25th district tournament, and beating Seneca 72-70 in the opening round of the Seventh Region tournament. Their reward: a semi-final match-up with the Ballard Bruins.

 

Ballard beat the youthful Male Bulldogs 83-67 in the opening round, although the game was tied 52-52 before Ballard outscored Male 31-15 the rest of the way.

 

Ballard and Central played on February 16, with Ballard winning 70-60. Ballard Coach Chris Renner expressed some frustration after that game with the Bruins' effort. Central will play hard and to the final buzzer, but I expect the Bruins' effort to be fine this time and the difference in talent will result in Ballard prevailing again.

 

Trinity v. St. Xavier

 

Led by Jay Scrubb, who had 21 points in the first half, Trinity easily moved past Eastern 64-27 in the opening round. Trinity's averaging winning margin in its three post-season games this year is 31.

 

St. X moved past Manual 56-49 in the opening round, its 20th win of the season. The Tigers have won 9 of their last 10 games.

 

Trinity beat St. X 70-60 when they played on February 16. St. X is a really nice team that has had another great season, but Trinity's talent is overwhelming. I expect Trinity to win this one.

 

They last played on January 5th and T won 46-34. I'm not sure X has enough fire power to beat T this year. They have to keep the score low like they did in the first meeting to give themselves a chance. But likely see a Ballard/T regional final.

Ballard vs Trinity Finals.

  • Author
They last played on January 5th and T won 46-34. I'm not sure X has enough fire power to beat T this year. They have to keep the score low scoring like they did in the first meeting to give themselves a chance. But likely see a Ballard/T regional final.

 

Thanks. I was looking at a prior year's scoreboard when I came up with that other score. The funny thing is that I was at that game on January 5, so I knew better.

I'm thinking about coming up for these two games on Friday since it will be the only games in the state. Never been to Valley for a game, either. I'd like to see Central compete with Ballard but I think the Bruins and Shamrocks both win fairly comfortably on Friday night.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway: Will these games be broadcast from Valley? What about the Sixth Region games?

  • Author
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway: Will these games be broadcast from Valley? What about the Sixth Region games?

 

I don't know of any of any broadcasting that is planned. Both Trinity and St. X broadcast games, but I don't know if either will be broadcasting tomorrow night. I looked but can't tell from their websites.

I'm thinking about coming up for these two games on Friday since it will be the only games in the state. Never been to Valley for a game, either. I'd like to see Central compete with Ballard but I think the Bruins and Shamrocks both win fairly comfortably on Friday night.

 

Where will games be played and time please

Where will games be played and time please

 

Valley on Friday night.

 

Ballard/Central at 6pm, St. X/Trinity at 7:30

St. X radio will be broadcasting on 790 am and streaming on Iheart radio. They are the second semifinal game approximately 7:45. Ballard and Central game time is at 6.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.