Everything posted by Tiger1
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
I just said it won’t shock me if he does transfer because he might think if I am not going to start next year will I ever and will that hurt me from making it to the next level.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
The competition part is just my personal observation from the year. I felt he thought he should be the PG no matter what and when he was replaced by Alexander, he didn't respond the way I would have thought or liked. Again, just my two cents on that.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
Look on KSR for the idea that Green could possibly transfer. And with Quickley coming in and he will by all accounts start at PG, that is where people on KSR said they wouldn't be shocked if Green transferred.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
There is a story of possibly Green transferring. That won’t shock me if he does because he doesn’t like competition and knows he isn’t going to start next year at UK either
-
Status of Jake Walter?
Thank you for the best laugh I had all day.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
Last I looked, I believe UK's class is ranked top 5. If so, that's pretty strong!!
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
To me it will be Quickley and it won't be close.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
So, in your opinion do you think Green starts next year at point for UK?
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
Like I said, Tandy is better than Green. Tandy is more athletic, shoots the ball better, quicker and more physical along with being a better ball handler.
-
DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State
And Green isn’t as good as Tandy.
-
Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
First, the cost is a determining factor but not necessarily ticket cost. The concession cost and more so the lodging cost has really gotten out of hand. Second, I used to order my tickets thru the KHSAA for like 15 straight years and never received good lower arena seats. Not once!!! So, as Mustang has already pointed out that those "good seats" are held for KHSAA board members and schools. So, the normal fan such as I will never get those premium seats. Plus, as many other posters have pointed out that there are so many other options for individuals and or families to chose from these days for their entertainment. Lastly, the changing of the format is a big contributor to the decline. Some people want to point out that it is more fair giving teams rest and playing on Sunday, but my comeback is that's what made the tournament such a valued treasure to players and fans because you had to have the mental toughness to play on Saturday morning and then come back Saturday night to win the championship. Not to mention that this change has increased the cost because people have to stay over Saturday night and ones that don't stay over don't want to drive back on Sunday for the championship game. Just my two cents.
-
Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
Yeah this is my 40th straight year and I have always gone all week, but unfortunately this will probably be the last tournament I attend for a while. It just isn't the same anymore and I am just not into it like I once was.
-
Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (Sweet 16 Championship)
Fredrick is one heckuva player!!! The best 9th region player I’ve seen since Ruthsatz in 2014 and its not even close.
-
Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
The format is hurting the tournament too. Nobody is staying over Saturday night for a Sunday championship game because one reason is that the hotels raise the per night cost by 20-30%. Go back to semi’s Saturday morning and championship game Saturday night.
-
Campbell County 82 University Heights 65 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)
I was very impressed with Campbell and especially #23. That kid is a heckuva player. Tandy from UHA is special.
-
Pikeville 72 John Hardin 69 3OT (Sweet 16 - Round 1)
Bad coaching by JH in regulation up 3 with 3.8 seconds and two fouls to give. Basically could have fouled their way till the end of the game. Got to utilize those options and not allow Pikeville to get off a 3. Credit the kid for hitting the shot though.
-
Mercer County 74 Mercy 34 (2018 Sweet 16® State Championship)
That wouldn't be surprising to me if it was small since UK was on at 1pm. The boys' tournament will suffer this week with UK on Thursday night and especially the state semi's will really suffer with a potential UK vs Arizona match-up on Saturday night.
-
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Univ Heights/Campbell County predictions
I believe Tandy is the only player in the state that UK is remotely interested in. That says it all.
-
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Univ Heights/Campbell County predictions
UHA by 7
-
George Rogers Clark vs Mercer County Predictions ( Semi-Finals) State Tourney
Mercer by 15
-
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Covington Catholic vs Apollo Predictions
CovCath wins but closer than most people expect.
-
Ryle 61 Simon Kenton 56 (Sweet 16 - First Round)
Congrats to Ryle. And congrats to Ally Niece for possibly one of the greatest careers in KY girls high school history.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Elizabethtown Predictions (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)
E-town wins by 9
-
Open Job: Covington Holy Cross
Mustang is 100% right. IMO HC would be the laughing stock in NKY if they even considered her.