16thBBall Fan

Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (Sweet 16 Championship)

Final. Congrats to CovCath great team and a great win. They played almost the perfect game.

Kept my mouth shut on the subject all year...C.J. Fredrick best player in the state!

Congrats cov cath way to bring the title back to nky

They were the best, most complete, well-rounded team I saw all season. Congratulations on winning the state championship!

I am getting my Popcorn ready about People giving me grief about CJ Frederick!

It isn't about you supporting CJ Fredrick. It is about the way you do it.

Hate to see SC play their worst game of the year when it mattered most. Heck of a young team they have. They will be back and better than ever. Have a couple of underclassmen that you will open some eyes next year. Kudos to Cov Cath.

Robb, Covington, Moreno from Scott Co. All-Tournament.

Cov. Cath Mayer and Ruthsatz All Tournament

Shocker alert CJ Fredrick wins MVP.

Hate to see SC play their worst game of the year when it mattered most. Heck of a young team they have. They will be back and better than ever. Have a couple of underclassmen that you will open some eyes next year. Kudos to Cov Cath.

They played their worst game of the year mostly because of CovCath.

I never saw Scott Co this year, when MTGL predicted a double digit victory for CCH, felt comfortable if you were a Colonel fan. MTGL comments are usually sensible and valid, he was spot on this outcome.

C.J. is a "Natural."

One of the most consistent, impressive performances I've seen in all of my years attending the Sweet 16. He scored 111 points in the four games - 12th best all-time, and scored 32 points in the championship game - 9th best (tie) all-time.

Tremendous team effort by the Colonels. Five senior starters that got the job done.

Finally became healthy and injury-free heading into the post-season and got the job done. Outscored their State Tournament opponents 277-133 - Wow! Capped off the season by beating 37-1 Scott County, handing the Cardinals their only loss to an opponent from the Commonwealth. Great job!

CovCath cruised through the district, region, and state tournament, WITH ONE EXCEPTION - a 53-49, 9th Region Semis win over Cooper - Says a lot about Coach Sullivan's Cougars.

Edited by Mustang