Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (Sweet 16 Championship)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By sheer coincidence Oldham County had one of their worst shooting games against CCH last night.

Funny how that happens. Everyone that knows Hoops knows that Scott Co was really really good. They’ll be a serious contender again next year. They are always in the thick of it.

After seeing all the games this week, I truly believe the state finals were played in the 9th region semis between CCH and Cooper. The 9th has had a heck of a run the last 5 years. 3 different teams to reach the Semis 2 Championships and 1 Runner Up.

I am not going to disagree one iota...Cooper was their toughest game and had they beat CCH might have been coming home with the hardware.Just one minor correction...CCH has been the Semi’s 3 out of the last 5 years, thus 4 teams from the 9th.

Congrats to the Colonels! Very happy for all members of the team, coaching staff and administration. Being the last one standing at the end of the season is why you all have worked so hard this year. As a fan, I say Thank you for the enjoyment you have provided me this year. Now, enjoy it for a bit, and then get back to work! Next year will be here before you know it. :D

Now some random thoughts and comments from the game

1) The Finals of the Ky Sweet Sixteen basketball tourney is such an awesome event and environment is just awesome. I don't know how you would make it better

2) The crazies were entertaining the entire tournament. Way to represent.

3) I HATE when we start to play not to lose at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

4) The big guy from Scott County- Moreno, you can tell is a very good player but it seemed like he did not try and dominate for his team. Not sure if was coaching or what

5) I was shocked at the relatively small number of Scott County students there. Being it was the finals, the size of the school, and the proximity to Rupp, I expected there to be a good back and forth banter between the two student sections. There really was none.

6)I did not like the SC students calling a colonel player ugly while he was shooting free throws. I hate personal attacks. Maybe the crazies did too as I was farther from them, but I did not hear them. If they did shame on them.

7) I also hate hearing the bull :poop: chant when they feel the ref made a bad call

8) Personally I thought it was a well officiated game. Let them play but not get too physical

9) Football and Basketball are in the books, so now let's get baseball!

From what I’m saw all year. Get a lead get ball in Fredrick Ruthsatz hands in the fourth q run clock you foul they make free throws. Seemed like winning basketball all tourney, Moeller, Cooper, Madison Central etc, that’s not playing not to win that’s playing to win, they missed three free throws all tournament with Fredrick going 31-33 ? Are you serious?

Edited by Runcible Owl
Fixed broken quote.