Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (Sweet 16 Championship)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to CCH. They were clearly the best team there. CJ had a great tournament and deserved to be the MVP. This team had a lot more than him, though. I don't know why people get all upset and have to take away from a neutral obeserver trying to make a point about CJ. He is good. It really is impossible to say who the best in the state is. All opinion and no doubt he is one of the best. They were deep and talented. Reading this not enough accolades go to the other kids and I will do that.

AJ was solid the whole tourney, Jake is simply a force that changed thing inside, Aiden was an excellent point guard and can shoot, also. Nowak was always steady. Thelen very long and effective off the bench, Mayer 2 is another hoss that plays hard all the time.

With all that said, the defense won them the state championship. Again, great job and a deserving championship.

On a side note, I have never been a fan of the "crazies". I have stated that before. My reasons are personal and I wll leave it at that.

Whoops. Didn't realize I did that until I saw you post and then couldn't figure out what you were saying until I went back to that post and saw that I somehow hit Dislike. I was going to hit it again to see if I could un-do it but was afraid I'd dislike it again!

Whoops. Didn't realize I did that until I saw you post and then couldn't figure out what you were saying until I went back to that post and saw that I somehow hit Dislike. I was going to hit it again to see if I could un-do it but was afraid I'd dislike it again!

Hit it again and it will undo the dislike.

C.J. is a "Natural."

One of the most consistent, impressive performances I've seen in all of my years attending the Sweet 16. He scored 111 points in the four games - 12th best all-time, and scored 32 points in the championship game - 9th best (tie) all-time.

Tremendous team effort by the Colonels. Five senior starters that got the job done.

Finally became healthy and injury-free heading into the post-season and got the job done. Outscored their State Tournament opponents 277-133 - Wow! Capped off the season by beating 37-1 Scott County, handing the Cardinals their only loss to an opponent from the Commonwealth. Great job!

CovCath cruised through the district, region, and state tournament, WITH ONE EXCEPTION - a 53-49, 9th Region Semis win over Cooper - Says a lot about Coach Sullivan's Cougars.

Sully's Jaguars were pretty good too.

So Ruthsatz is now the greatest coach in NKY history? Two state championships and a final four in seven years! Heard a coach once say it isn’t about the Xs and the Os but the Jimmys and the Joes. I agree that players make a difference but Ruthsatz could go across the street at the girls school and win a regional tommorrow. He’s that good of a coach. While he develops these kids In confident that Covington Catholic could play Fern Creek And Scotty County this weekend and the coaches could switch sides and Ruthsatz will Beat you. He will win with his guys and he can beat you with your guys. Just a fact he’s on a run that NKY has never seen.

Congrats to CCH. They were clearly the best team there. CJ had a great tournament and deserved to be the MVP. This team had a lot more than him, though. I don't know why people get all upset and have to take away from a neutral obeserver trying to make a point about CJ. He is good. It really is impossible to say who the best in the state is. All opinion and no doubt he is one of the best. They were deep and talented. Reading this not enough accolades go to the other kids and I will do that.

AJ was solid the whole tourney, Jake is simply a force that changed thing inside, Aiden was an excellent point guard and can shoot, also. Nowak was always steady. Thelen very long and effective off the bench, Mayer 2 is another hoss that plays hard all the time.

With all that said, the defense won them the state championship. Again, great job and a deserving championship.

On a side note, I have never been a fan of the "crazies". I have stated that before. My reasons are personal and I wll leave it at that.

I like the crazies and I'm gonna go out on a limb by saying I really can't blame you for finding them very annoying. They are very domineering, and although that's typical of passionate fans; I can see why someone not rooting for CCH would find them very, very annoying from an opposing fan's perspective.

From what I’m saw all year. Get a lead get ball in Fredrick Ruthsatz hands in the fourth q run clock you foul they make free throws. Seemed like winning basketball all tourney, Moeller, Cooper, Madison Central etc, that’s not playing not to win that’s playing to win, they missed three free throws all tournament with Fredrick going 31-33 ? Are you serious?

Yes i am dead serious. I certainly understand why they do as I have been around basketball long enough, but I dont like it. I also understand that it has worked for them. (And am extremely happy it did) However, looking at yesterday for example.

1) They were able to trap our PG a few times to force turnovers, but SC was unable to capitalize. If they had turned those into points it could have been a different game.

2) If SC was able to exchange 3's for 2 FT attempts, it could have been a different game. The lead was only 9 pts if I remember to start the fourth, so it would not take many of these 2 for 3 exchanges to get it close.

3) We only had IMO two guys who if I was coach would be handling the ball in this situation. One of which got in trouble several times and had to either call time out or he turned it over. SC was very aggressive in their trapping defense and if they had played a bit more under control the outcome could have been different. IMO SC paniced way too early.

Again, I understand why the Colonels did what they did and of course the good thing is they came out on top once again!