Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

You guys do realize there's only ONE scrimmage that means anything, right? Do I need to go find Mak and have him tell you about it?

I'm confused... say what?

  • Replies 184
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a war, I just hate how it always turns out the lesser team that day will cite it's a "scrimmage."

Don't football rivals sorta have to actually play each other every now and then???
Not necessarily. How many times have you heard "common opponent" results thrown around regarding these two teams?
Not necessarily. How many times have you heard "common opponent" results thrown around regarding these two teams?

 

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, when Heavyweights like these two square off its safe to say its a rivally. They dont do it it often but when they do do it look out. Go Birds 20n10

Did I miss the date and time? I may make the road trip for this titantic struggle.........

  • Author
It will be a war, I just hate how it always turns out the lesser team that day will cite it's a "scrimmage."

 

I think you're right. If anyone thinks that these kids are going to go any less than 100%, they're sadly mistaken. The Bluebirds want to send a message that this team is the real deal and Trinity wants to give Highlands some good ole' fashioned pie in the face. To quote you, It will be a war. Nothing less.

You guys do realize there's only ONE scrimmage that means anything, right? Do I need to go find Mak and have him tell you about it?

 

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know. The "super Bowl" of all scrimmages. The grand Daddy of them all. HAHAHA JK. When is that? Is Shrek and Donkey going to be there amongst other Celebs?

And if the Birds lose...what will your t-shirts say?

And if the Birds lose...what will your t-shirts say?

 

There isn't a loser.......It's a scrimmage!!!!:D

There isn't a loser.......It's a scrimmage!!!!:D

 

:clap::clap: Naturally!

It will be a war, I just hate how it always turns out the lesser team that day will cite it's a "scrimmage."

 

Even though its a "scrimmage plus" and both teams will take it extremely seriously, I'm sure there are positions where the starters are still not finally set. Which means substitutions and rotations to determine the starters for the first game. That will probably occur less often than it would if this was the first of two scrimmages for each team, but it's still going to happen nonetheless. If you recall the Male scrimmage last year when we also only had one scrimmage. At the beginning of the scrimmage, both teams had their likely starters in there; but once you got beyond the first quarter or so, Highlands at least (and maybe Male too) started making substitutions and it was obvious that those substitutes had an effect on the level of play. I'm saying it now before the game's even played and I'll say it after the game is played, it's only a scrimmage and the result of the scrimmage is not an indication of what would happen in a regular season game.

And if the Birds lose...what will your t-shirts say?

 

We're still better than X!

This is a scrimmage of two of the most storied high school football programs in Kentucky. I’m sure both teams will come out of it a little better than they were going into it. When all said and done it will only be remembered if there is a major injury. I don’t remember much about the Male scrimmage last year, but I vividly remember the Male scrimmage two years ago when Josh Connor suffered a serious leg injury. This scrimmage will certainly provide each team with a good barometer on where they stand going into August 20th. I kinda doubt a few years down the road that you’ll hear former Trinity or Highlands players reminiscing about the scrimmage of 2010.

Does anyone know if the scrimmage will be played in the same manner as a season game, with kickoffs, punts, time-outs, etc?

Please Please... when is this game? We know it is in Ft. Thomas. When and time please.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.