Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Exactly my points, reread post 52.This is like an 11th game as far as Highlands looks at this. I dont think this is the typical scrimmage per se. If Highlands wanted to get guys ready and evaluate their talent then they wouldnt be scheduling the Rocks. Mistake, I dont think so, not from Highlands standpoint, cant really speak for Trinity. Go Birds 20n10

 

Did HHS scout Trinity's Green-White game last Friday?

  • Replies 184
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did HHS scout Trinity's Green-White game last Friday?

 

Not that I'm aware of. I'd be sincerely surprised if either team scouted the other's intersquad scrimmage to get ready for this scrimmage. Folks are putting a lot more emphasis on this scrimmage than the coaches are. I'm sure each wants to win, but scouting an inter squad scrimmage? Inter squad scrimmages aren't worth the gas money needed to be spent to watch.

  • Author
Not that I'm aware of. I'd be sincerely surprised if either team scouted the other's intersquad scrimmage to get ready for this scrimmage. Folks are putting a lot more emphasis on this scrimmage than the coaches are. I'm sure each wants to win, but scouting an inter squad scrimmage? Inter squad scrimmages aren't worth the gas money needed to be spent to watch.

 

This game's going to carry with it alot of bragging rights that will be heard until the time they meet again which according to history will be another decade or so....Scrimmage or not, this game carries with it alot of significance to the fans. Personally, I'm not concerned with how the coaches view it. The post game forum on this game will prove my point.

This game's going to carry with it alot of bragging rights that will be heard until the time they meet again which according to history will be another decade or so....Scrimmage or not' date=' this game carries with it alot of significance to the fans. Personally, I'm not concerned with how the coaches view it. The post game forum on this game will prove my point.[/quote']

I agree with LN that both coaching staffs are viewing the scrimmage tomorrow as a learning opportunity for their team, in preparation for the season.

 

However, if Highlands and Trinity go on to do really great this year, and if both win their respective state titles (and these are big "ifs," mind you), I have no doubt that the results of Friday's scrimmage will be used by BGP'ers and all other prep football fans throughout the state as THE DECIDING FACTOR in determining which team is the "best in state" (although the 4A and 3A champs may have something to say about this), I am sure this debate matters not one bit to the coaches, but it will matter among the chattering class (i.e., us).

 

And with that being said...

 

Go 'Birds, Beat Rocks!

 

(Seriously though, I wish both teams a safe and injury-free scrimmage, and T a safe bus trip to/from NKY).

This thread is honestly as predictible as UK#1Fan proclaiming the greatness of SK. The fans of both teams alternate between downplaying their chances, claiming how young they are, boasting how great their tradition is, oh some key guys are hurt, the game means nothing, it means everything, and we can't seem to schedule each other in the regular season ever because it costs too much money.:D

 

Schedule each other for real. No excuses.

I wold love to...I don't know why it's not been done.
I imagine HHS will be in the same vein as as the opponent T opened with for a few seasons some years ago, Montgomery Bell Academy of Nashville, coached by former Bama QB, Jeff Rutledge. MBE was always , first and foremost, a very well coached team, strong at every position with some D-1 players sprinkled throughout, tough and classy. They were a tremendous opener for the Rocks. I realize that this scrimmage is not an "opener" but I'm sure it will be a great learning opportunity for the sophomores as they step into the world of big-time high school football.

 

I would venture this is going to be looked at as a hypothetical game 1........really should help both teams adjust into the regular season.

I agree with LN that both coaching staffs are viewing the scrimmage tomorrow as a learning opportunity for their team, in preparation for the season.

 

However, if Highlands and Trinity go on to do really great this year, and if both win their respective state titles (and these are big "ifs," mind you), I have no doubt that the results of Friday's scrimmage will be used by BGP'ers and all other prep football fans throughout the state as THE DECIDING FACTOR in determining which team is the "best in state" (although the 4A and 3A champs may have something to say about this), I am sure this debate matters not one bit to the coaches, but it will matter among the chattering class (i.e., us).

 

And with that being said...

 

Go 'Birds, Beat Rocks!

 

(Seriously though, I wish both teams a safe and injury-free scrimmage, and T a safe bus trip to/from NKY).

I concur with the point of wishing both a healthy outcome. I don't concur with the Beat Rocks mantra......and I rarely worry about whether or not a 4A or 3A team thinks they could beat us.
This game's going to carry with it alot of bragging rights that will be heard until the time they meet again which according to history will be another decade or so....Scrimmage or not' date=' this game carries with it alot of significance to the fans. Personally, I'm not concerned with how the coaches view it. [b']The post game forum on this game will prove my point[/b].

 

I'm not sure the bolded is correct, but sadly it will prove that some fans put more significance on the scrimmage than should be given to it. Bragging over a scrimmage win? That will provide some insight and perspective, but not on what team is better.

7:30pm is the official start time. Heard straight out of Coach Mueller's mouth last night.

 

It won't surprise me at all if the scrimmage starts later than 7:30 due to the heat.

  • Author
I'm not sure the bolded is correct, but sadly it will prove that some fans put more significance on the scrimmage than should be given to it. Bragging over a scrimmage win? That will provide some insight and perspective, but not on what team is better.

 

I am getting concerned because I find myself agreeing with you more and more often.

I won't go into detail, but we are pretty banged up. In talking to one of the coaches on Wed evening, we have several starters that could play but won't out of concern that rushing the injuries could cause the injuries to get worse and have an adverse affect on the players being available for the regular season. I guess if nothing else definitively shows that the coaches truly are looking at this as a just a scrimmage, that does.

 

By the way folks, some of my contacts knowledgable about T's team this year are telling me that T will be much, much better than some T fans are posting on here. Is Louiville experiencing flooding?

The Courier-Journal features Trinity today, in its daily review of Louisville-area football teams. I noticed T doesn't begin its regular season until August 27, two weeks from now. Will the fact that Highlands has a "real" game next week, while Trinity doesn't have their first "real" game for two weeks have any impact on how each team approaches/handles tonight's scrimmage?

  • Author
The Courier-Journal features Trinity today, in its daily review of Louisville-area football teams. I noticed T doesn't begin its regular season until August 27, two weeks from now. Will the fact that Highlands has a "real" game next week, while Trinity doesn't have their first "real" game for two weeks have any impact on how each team approaches/handles tonight's scrimmage?

 

Sideline effect aside, it will definitely factor into our post game chatter. Thanks for another arrow in the quiver.

The Birds need to go into this scrimmage hoping to come out with a better idea of who will fill in on that offensive line and who will provide depth in that area. I think the skilled positions are pretty much set and repetitions will be good there but finding cohesiveness on the offensive line is what is going to determine whether this team goes or doesnt go this season. JMO

The Birds need to go into this scrimmage hoping to come out with a better idea of who will fill in on that offensive line and who will provide depth in that area. I think the skilled positions are pretty much set and repetitions will be good there but finding cohesiveness on the offensive line is what is going to determine whether this team goes or doesnt go this season. JMO

 

I think this is crystal clear in the coach's minds, and only remains a question for posters on message boards. Spring football went a long way toward determining who the starting 5 will be, and that hasn't wavered through summer practices.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.